The four best teams in the country | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The four best teams in the country

I would be stunned if Alabama-FSU doesn't happen. As much as this is a "playoff" its also about making money. And keeping teams "in their region" to sell out a stadium

Almost like how the NCAA's in basketball used to be and still is to a point...regional.

Almost like how the NCAA's in basketball used to be and still is to a point...regional.
This is a business first and foremost. Anyone who thinks its a "true playoff" is insane.

This is a business first and foremost. Anyone who thinks its a "true playoff" is insane.

It is and always has been about the cash...you are 100% right. Hopefully the 8 team playoff will bring them more cash/perks then they are getting the bowls.

My 2 cents:
1. Those who want FSU excluded are too hung up on margin of victory. These are the folks who are responsible for the awful practice of teams running up scores. The objective is to win the game. They are the only team that hasn't lost a game.

2. If Ohio St. gets in IMO it sets a precedent that September loses to bad teams don't count. Maybe we should just start the season in November. Or maybe everyone should schedule their toughest games in September so if they lose it doesn't count.

Good god why is Mike Lupica still relevant. Dear ESPN find somebody newer to talk about the CFB playoff. Even the human troll Skip Bayless would be better than Lupica.

We agree there.

The good ole boys take it with OSU going. Way too much power for the Big 10 to lose out to the Big 12.

What a joke. College football sucks. How can anyone take this sport seriously? Laughable. Kirk herbstreit is embarrassing himself right now

What a joke. College football sucks. How can anyone take this sport seriously? Laughable. Kirk herbstreit is embarrassing himself right now

2 Ohio State grads on this ESPN panel as well...quite odd.

It seems like the committee punished the big 12 for not having a TRUE CHAMPION.

B1G higher in the power/influence order than Big 12. Now watch the Big 12 expand by 2 teams so they can have a championship game. The committee held it against the conference. Just a matter of time until the playoff expands. Make it top 6 and give the top 2 a bye week.

This guy talking has zero clue. The BiG sucked and this whole system blows. They lost to vpi for crying out loud.

Dang this is going to make me root for Alabama.

EDIT: For that game only!

TCU and Baylor reminds me of when we had the green party take away votes for Gore in 2000. They split the votes while OSU kept their alliances.

Well now The Big 12 is taking Cincinatti, and Houston, further screwing over UCONN. So that's nice.

I wish it were Texas and Oklahoma changing places with TCU and Baylor...then we'd have fire works galore.

B1G higher in the power/influence order than Big 12. Now watch the Big 12 expand by 2 teams so they can have a championship game. The committee held it against the conference. Just a matter of time until the playoff expands. Make it top 6 and give the top 2 a bye week.

What if next year we have 5 top teams or seven? You have to have a wide enough net to cover all of them. And I hate byes. Everyone should have to win the same number of games. You can'rt have play-in games among teams ranked this high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom