The historic irony of Coach K ... | Syracusefan.com

The historic irony of Coach K ...

SU94

Starter
About 30 years ago, Coach K stood up --- both publicly and privately --- to Dean Smith and the favoritism that the Tar Heels demanded from ACC officials and the conference office. And that's just one more reason last night's win at Cameron was so tasty, at least for me: Coach K cannot step outside himself and recognize that he is now Dean.

And I'll be honest, I have a healthy level of respect for him, but last night's post-game performance was unbecoming a legend of his stature. Not the end of the world, but it just shows that everyone has their weak moments. (JAB too, BTW).

Last edited:
There is irony there. First, you stand up to the Man, then you become the Man.

He has stood up for Boeheim many many times. I am having a bit of fun with his meltdown, like many people here, but at the end of the day I will give him a pass. (I do think he should address this controversy.)

He has stood up for Boeheim many many times. I am having a bit of fun with his meltdown, like many people here, but at the end of the day I will give him a pass. (I do think he should address this controversy.)

Agreed. I don't like Duke, but I generally respect them and coach K.

He probably should address last night just so a molehill doesn't turn into a mountain. He's generally a better sport.

I view those as unrelated. He has been a good man in his relationship with K.

But when things directly impact Duke he has been a bully for years. Similar to Dean Smith, who may have been a great guy off the court and to his peers, but when it came down to on the court and helping UNC he was willing to bully anybody

I view those as unrelated. He has been a good man in his relationship with K.

But when things directly impact Duke he has been a bully for years. Similar to Dean Smith, who may have been a great guy off the court and to his peers, but when it came down to on the court and helping UNC he was willing to bully anybody
I take your point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom