The incompetent referring has a cause & won't be fixed any time soon | Syracusefan.com

The incompetent referring has a cause & won't be fixed any time soon

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
The problem stems from cronyism and as long as the officials are in charge of the officials nothing will change. There are so many buddy buddies in the NCAA ref ranks that you're only going to see more of the inconsistent, uneven, horrible call & non-calls. There are many very good refs working just below the top level but they will never get a sniff at the big time because they aren't a part of the inner circle.

It's time to revamp the system but who is willing to take the bull by the horns?

My favorite is the NCAA is "there in the best interest of, and to protect the student athlete" (or something like that), yet they allow the media to interview the students, scrutinize the students, and publish damaging articles of the students... yet the Paid employees, are protected and not required to be interviewed or publicly scrutinized by the media. (or so it seems)

Just a side point/view of your initial point...

This sounds like the Obama Administration.

Really? Like the last administration wasn't awash in cronyism? "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie?" Remember that?

Keep this political sh** to the off topic board, if I want politics I'll stick to HuffPost, you can stick to Fox Nexs, and save this place for basketball.

This is on the coaches and athletic directors. If enough of the leagues are fed up the officials something will be done. If they are afraid and don't say anything nothing will happen no matter what fans and media think.

Let's be honest here...no one is opposed to horrible calls...just the horrible calls that go against Syracuse.

Whenever I hear the term "a veteran officiating crew" announced at the onset of a game, in my mind I hear "a shitty officiating crew"

give me the non veteran crews of guys' I've never heard of any day over a star studded crew of bigger than the game dick heads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom