The Last Time We Had 50+ Points in Consecutive Wins Was | Syracusefan.com

The Last Time We Had 50+ Points in Consecutive Wins Was

'72 Orange

Starter
1997 when we actually had three consecutive 50+ games:

56 - 0 East Carolina
50 - 3 Rutgers
60 - 7 Temple

How can you not love what we have in Terell? Made some impressive throws while in the pocket, especially when extending the play. The receivers generally did a good job; however, Kobena had a couple of drops that he should have corraled. It also looks like the fullback is back in the offense as Cleveland had the best receiving production at that position for SU in a long time. Not big yardage but loved the timing which resulted in 2 TDs. Hunt really spread the ball around as other than Clark with 4 recptions and Cleveland with 3, the remaining 12 receptions were spread among 9 players. Was very impressed with Allen's play. We will need a backup who is not a headcase. He seemed to be in control frequently directing receivers who had lined up wrong. I'm happy for him.

The ground game was effective with 200+ yds but Jerome had a tough game with the exception of 2 plays. Loved the 25 yard run plus his rushing TD was awsome as he steamrolled the Tulane player. That score was all Jerome. Outside of those plays he had 8 carries for 13 yards. Good to see them give the two RS frosh carries. Really surprised that PTG finished as the leading rusher with 57 yds.

Our D for me was a good news/bad news type of game. The D line and linebackers had excellent pressure on Montana. Great comment by another poster in the game thread was that this was deja vu as Nick Montana now knows how his dad felt against Jints. The secondary was a bit too porous. The 45 yd lame duck that Montana threw should never had been completed and could have easily been picked. Both Schackleford & Grant had good games and seemed to make clutch catches to bail out the Tulane O. We knew the ball was going to Grant but he was more successful than not. The touchdown that was thrown over Reddish's head was a perfect throw that Montana The Elder made many a time.

The run defense was weak as tackling left a lot to be desired; especially on the 45 yd TD run by Kelly. The total rushing yardage was obviously held down by the fact that we jumped out to the big lead. Got to see a much better effort in 2 wks or we will be in for a long game.

This was the best special teams effort in years as it definitely made our lives much easier. However, I think we still win this game handily even without those turnovers. Hunt was not going to be denied in the first half.

Overall extremely happy with the way we have played over the last two games (I know, I know...Wagner & Tulane). Our confidence is back to where it needs to be. If we take the next two weeks to continue to get better play on the field and play and hopefully get our players healthy we stand more than a punchers chance against Clemson.

Creative of McDonald to get Cleveland involved in those situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom