The leaders of Otto's Army need to watch how loud the Maryland student section is | Syracusefan.com

The leaders of Otto's Army need to watch how loud the Maryland student section is

Alsacs

Living Legend
And copy that. Either ESPN has a mic in the student section or they are freaking loud. I heard them so their version of the "Hey song" and have heard multiple cheers and intensity.
Our students need to up their game and get louder. Even when we are good our students aren't loud and it's not location.

The Syracuse local fanbase is incredibly loyal but it isn't their job to be loud for 40 minutes a game. Loud student sections add energy to players and buy the team calls from refs. It is amazing how we get boned at home more than a top team does. The locals are louder than the students on a lot. I was part of the group of students who started the list and brought energy. Our students act like its manifest destiny to win 25 games with all the success we have had.

If this many kids showed up for SU, you guys would want the student body shot into the sun.

B-pgsVeUYAEb-hH.jpg

BlackKnight76 said:
If this many kids showed up for SU, you guys would want the student body shot into the sun.

Guess you haven't tuned in since tipoff.

B-pgsVeUYAEb-hH.jpg
You haven't seen the thousands in gold behind the baskets and I bet you haven't listened to how legitimately loud these students have been on the TV broadcast.

You haven't seen the thousands in gold behind the baskets and I bet you haven't listened to how legitimately loud these students have been on the TV broadcast.

I have, it is impressive although they are clearly mic'd up (Otto's Army rarely is, from my experience). But...I'm pretty sure the pregame empty seat photos are what everyone uses here to knock the SU students almost every time, and by the time the game is going, it usually looks fine.

I have, it is impressive although they are clearly mic'd up (Otto's Army rarely is, from my experience). But...I'm pretty sure the pregame empty seat photos are what everyone uses here to knock the SU students almost every time, and by the time the game is going, it usually looks fine.
Those empties don't appear to be student seats they appear to be the section above the student section.

Those empties don't appear to be student seats they appear to be the section above the student section.

Whereever they are, it's pretty sad for a game the caliber of Wisconsin - Maryland.

It's #5 vs #11 for Pete's sake. When SU has a similar, highly anticipated top ten matchup the students are plenty loud. Good grief.