The long pause after the Zanna free throws | Syracusefan.com

The long pause after the Zanna free throws

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
Why did the refs basically stop play after Zanna's free throws? Seemed odd that we were given so much time to set up. Dixon ended up calling the timeout which he appeared not ready to call right away. That long stoppage gave him time to overthink and give us time to draw up the play.

Thanks refs, finally...

Why did the refs basically stop play after Zanna's free throws? Seemed odd that we were given so much time to set up. Dixon ended up calling the timeout which he appeared not ready to call right away. That long stoppage gave him time to overthink and give us time to draw up the play.

Thanks refs, finally...

I dont know what the hell they were doing. Dixon was up and down the sidelines and the official just kept staring at him. I was praying he called a TO

Thanks refs, finally...
I was wondering the same thing at the time.

I was wondering the same thing. According to one analyst the original pause was to allow for a Pitt substitution. Then when the reset happened Jamie supposedly gave mixed signals so the ref didn't know if he wanted a TO or not.

Cheers,
Neil

yes the original pause was for a pitt sub. after that i have no idea.

yes the original pause was for a pitt sub. after that i have no idea.

Once the shot went in the table blew the horn for the substitution. The subbed player ran in for Zanna but the refs weren't ready for it yet. The refs seemed confused at first because they didn't realize who went in or out. Which allowed more time for SU to setup and for Dixon to worry!

Thanks refs, finally...
the greatest irony is JD subbed for a new guy on Ennis. the kid taken out was the one who dropped to the court by the pit bench after TE hit the winning shot. bet he was psyched.

I also enjoyed the five minute delay when the clock stopped at 43.5 seconds. Thought it was very telling that Dixon was frantically yelling instructions at his team the whole time while Jimmy B was just chilling.

Also, I noticed that Grant (I think it was Grant) came back inbounds for a few seconds to try to get a better grasp on what we wanted to do/buy us a little more time.

Grant came on the floor because he and everyone else thought Dixon had called a timeout...maybe they thought that because Dixon was 5 feet out on the court...

Grant came on the floor because he and everyone else thought Dixon had called a timeout...maybe they thought that because Dixon was 5 feet out on the court...
When ISNT he 5' out on the court?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom