The masses are catching on | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd better get ready.
Once Barstoool and a reputable name like Fran Fraschilla come out with the truth...other media will jump on the bandwagon.
It's going to be a savage symphony of neverending negativity.
From powerhouse to the outhouse.

We'd better get ready.
Once Barstoool and a reputable name like Fran Fraschilla come out with the truth...other media will jump on the bandwagon.

It means we're still relevant and may incite change. Bring it on.

We'd better get ready.
...and ”Barstool” is underselling Big Cat.

Pardon My Take is the number one sports podcast in the country.

I think this is right.. barring it's soon not in 4 years.
How about now? There should be an attempt to salvage goodwill for this season.

On Dec. 10, walk to center court with Ewing after the game, take a collective bow, thank the fans for sitting through a classic 39-37 OT affair, and both walk away into the sunset that is Central New York in December.

Here's the thing, we keep talking about potential improvements for this year and, even looking back at my recent posts included, people want to look for the hope.

Here is the very sober issue - we have crossed the Rubicon. That place that some of us have known we were heading towards and acknowledge the presence now, others that are still in denial, others somewhere in between - we are there.

It's the natural consequence of what's been transpiring for years.

Now, if you feel JB is entitled to ride this out until he dictates his exit on his own terms, so be it. At least you can acknowledge we're past the point of hope and just feel that a legend deserves his ride into the sunset, program be damned.

If you're like me, it's an acknowledgement of enjoying the small things along the ride while we continue to crash and burn.

I'll give an example. I think Judah has a ton of upside and when he's playing smart, he's great to watch. I really enjoy watching JT play. I think Hima has been a great backup center and I was totally wrong about him.

But as a program, we're in the bad place now. If you don't think we are, that's my biggest issue. That is burying your head in the sand. We are a P5 program that has the largest arena for games, we are a national brand and we make lots of money (listen, none of that is discounting JB's monstrous contribution to that). Our expectations should be top 25 every year.

He picks on Notre Dame which is 5-1, and ignores FSU which is 1-7.

His point though was the total impact the group of 4 2013 Big East Transfers have had this year vs. what was likely expected of them when they brought them in 2013. Which is a 100% fair point. They are really hurting the ACC this year . Bringing in Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt was supposed to create a super conference, and they are all disappointing with Pitt leading the way.

Florida St is a totally other issue - they are laying the death blow to the conference.

Didn’t see the reply from Big Cat posted.

John must be one of those guys that believes "a few wins in a post-season" has more future predictive value (better way to measure program status) than consistently mediocre regular season play since 2015.

I believed that argument has been faulty for a number of years, and even after this start some still want to hang onto it. Although it must be a very, very small minority at this point.

Last edited:
The move to the ACC is a rough turning point in the program, but it's correlation, not causation. Syracuse had a helluva first year in the ACC. Sanctions combined with a failure to address Boeheim's retirement at that time is the biggest issue.

The sanctions themselves are a separate issue (not debating the justification of those sanctions or their overall effects), but a competent AD would have closed the book on the JAB era through a phased retirement and enforced the transition to Hop. JAB's ego and stubborness convinced him that he was the only one who could shepherd the program through sanctions and then Buddy was developing into a high D1 player, which colored the rest of his roster management leading us to where we are now with a poor roster, limited defensive and offensive capabilities and no real future.

If you're like me, it's an acknowledgement of enjoying the small things along the ride while we continue to crash and burn.
"yes ma'am we are flying very low. yes those are treetops and that's a mountain. yes the leaves are beautiful . yes collision seems imminent .now please try to relax and enjoy your peanuts and cocktail before impact."

OIP.WGHau95-2kJfb01j3DCbmgHaFW.jpeg

"

We'd better get ready.
And probably 2 years too late. But I guess rip the band-aid now. I’m desensitized

"yes ma'am we are flying very low. yes those are treetops and that's a mountain. yes the leaves are beautiful . yes collision seems imminent .now please try to relax and enjoy your peanuts and cocktail before impact."

View attachment 222646
"
We also have an ironclad plan who will be the next pilot post impact.

Yup. Rothstein was pretty kind but pointed out the Hopkins fact which we all know made a difference. It's spreading quickly now.
You know things are bad when an insider like Rothstein who is generally pretty forgiving of programs (so as to not ruffle coaches' feathers, lest they revoke his access) doesn't mince words.

You know things are bad when an insider like Rothstein who is generally pretty forgiving of programs (so as to not ruffle coaches' feathers, lest they revoke his access) doesn't mince words.
I thought he minced words quite a bit. He literally just recited our records. Not much to dispute.

There's PLENTY to dig deeper on if he wants on to go on the record why the records are what they are.

Here's the thing, we keep talking about potential improvements for this year and, even looking back at my recent posts included, people want to look for the hope.

Here is the very sober issue - we have crossed the Rubicon. That place that some of us have known we were heading towards and acknowledge the presence now, others that are still in denial, others somewhere in between - we are there.

It's the natural consequence of what's been transpiring for years.

Now, if you feel JB is entitled to ride this out until he dictates his exit on his own terms, so be it. At least you can acknowledge we're past the point of hope and just feel that a legend deserves his ride into the sunset, program be damned.

I'll give an example. I think Judah has a ton of upside and when he's playing smart, he's great to watch. I really enjoy watching JT play. I think Hima has been a great backup center and I was totally wrong about him.

But as a program, we're in the bad place now. If you don't think we are, that's my biggest issue. That is burying your head in the sand. We are a P5 program that has the largest arena for games, we are a national brand and we make lots of money (listen, none of that is discounting JB's monstrous contribution to that). Our expectations should be top 25 every year.
Great post. I am exactly where you seem to be. Yes, I have continued to look for hope the young team would gel. As much as I can forgive the loss to #16 Illinois last evening due to being over powered by a more experienced team, it is difficult to overlook the confusing substitution pattern, continuing to have a completely ineffective Joe in the game and the non use of some of the freshmen like Copeland, Brown and until recently Justin.. I am at the end of my rope. No more chances. Start playing solid basketball and the wins will come. If not, time to make changes.

JB deserves credit for keeping the BB program relevant for almost 50 years.

The fanbase deserves credit for its incredible support.

The sad thing for me is that after that incredible fan support for many years (the best in the country/screw Kentucky) the Athletic Department has let those loyal fans down. No way this program should have been allowed to degrade as badly as it has. An off-year or two maybe, but this has been evident since we joined the ACC and particularly these past few years.

We may have been spoiled, but we have supported the program like no other fan base. This should have never been allowed to happen. It's not like the downward trend happened suddenly and without warning.

JB may not think so, but he should show some appreciation and gratitude for the amazing fan support the program has received going back even before the Dome was built. In my opinion, he's let us down in recent years.

JB and the loyal and consistent support of the fan base have made this program what it ...was.

The athletic department is asleep at the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom