The Most Important Team Aspect: Is Mike Hopkins Safe? | Syracusefan.com

The Most Important Team Aspect: Is Mike Hopkins Safe?

Czar

All Conference
I think this is more important than Boeheim, because while it's becoming more and more apparent that he may be royally in here, what happens with Hop and the assistants? Most of the assistants on this team weren't even on staff when this was happening. And above all, if we entirely clean house and Hop and everyone is gone, that is going to be five times worse than just losing Boeheim and Fine.

Was wondering the same. Will he even want the job now?

At this point who knows. We'll probably hear that he's a serial killer next week.

Holy jumping to conclusions Batman. Its not like Hopkin's knew anything, there has to be cause to fire your coach in waiting.

Holy jumping to conclusions Batman. Its not like Hopkin's knew anything, there has to be cause to fire your coach in waiting.

This situation is definitely in the wheelhouse of "cleaning house"

Ya get off the roof top... Unless it comes out that everyone on the coaching staff knew about this freak show at BF house. They are all safe in my book... But who knows anything is possible...

Hop is safe...from everything I am hearing.

If JB is forced out, I expect Hop to finish out the year and then a total house cleaning to take place.

Nobody is safe if JB is gone. Everyone will be let go.

Hop is safe...from everything I am hearing.

Thank God Jake. If JB retires or is forced out, Hop's squeaky clean image and charisma is exactly what the program would need to move forward - just in an expedited manner, and under some shitey circumstances... But very, very much hoping JB's hand is not forced here..

If JB is forced out, I expect Hop to finish out the year and then a total house cleaning to take place.

Nobody is safe if JB is gone. Everyone will be let go.

And you know this as Nostradamus?

And you know this as Nostradamus?
It's just an opinion. Settle down!

That's why we are here to voice opinions. Jesus christ, relax

And do you know OTHERWISE Nostradamus? My god!

i think cantor should go before Hopkins-- and i think Cantor is safe at this point

Thank God Jake. If JB retires or is forced out, Hop's squeaky clean image and charisma is exactly what the program would need to move forward - just in an expedited manner, and under some shitey circumstances... But very, very much hoping JB's hand is not forced here..

Have so much confidence in Hop.

As to JB, I'll support the University's decision either way, but man I wanted to see him hit 900 wins and finish his career #2 all time.

I think this is more important than Boeheim, because while it's becoming more and more apparent that he may be royally ****** in here, what happens with Hop and the assistants? Most of the assistants on this team weren't even on staff when this **** was happening. And above all, if we entirely clean house and Hop and everyone is gone, that is going to be five times worse than just losing Boeheim and Fine.
i don't see why that is so. maybe it would be best for us if everything started over. would suck for hop but i don't know that it's that much worse

there would be a line around the block to take over here. we still have the dome.

take it easy dude... you stated it as fact, not opinion.

take it easy dude... you stated it as fact, not opinion.

Telling me to take it easy? Look in the mirror bro!! And i didn't state it as fact. You took an opinion from a message board poster as a fact. I clearly stated what "I expect" to happen. I didn't say I know what will happen! HELLO!

i don't see why that is so. maybe it would be best for us if everything started over. would suck for hop but i don't know that it's that much worse

there would be a line around the block to take over here. we still have the dome.

Agreed. No disrespect intended toward Hopkins, but provided there are no NCAA sanctions, I think that a clean break wouldn't 'break' the program necessarily.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

John Belin! Get that man out of Michigan and bring him back to the area.

If this all goes to hell, he's the guy I want.

Assuming he knew nothing, of course he is safe. JB would have been safe also if not for his "unfortunate" comments

I think this is more important than Boeheim, because while it's becoming more and more apparent that he may be royally ****** in here, what happens with Hop and the assistants? Most of the assistants on this team weren't even on staff when this **** was happening. And above all, if we entirely clean house and Hop and everyone is gone, that is going to be five times worse than just losing Boeheim and Fine.

it isn't the French Revolution!

John Belin! Get that man out of Michigan and bring him back to the area.

If this all goes to hell, he's the guy I want.

Holy boring Batman. No thank you. Why don't we try to get somebody even older?

Mike Hopkins is going to be the next coach assuming he didn't know anything anyway so this is moot.

Same type of post people out here hammered PSU for - why not let this play out before worrying about coaches?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom