The much anticipated PFF ranks | Syracusefan.com

The much anticipated PFF ranks

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Pass Blocking
Bleich
Cruz
Reed
Wohlabaugh
Bradford

Run Blocking
Reed
Bleich
Wohlabaugh
Bradford
Cruz

Best Offensive player
Shrader

Best WR
Jones

Best Defensive player
J. Simmons

where-am-i-eric-cartman.gif

Pass Blocking
Bleich
Cruz
Reed
Wohlabaugh
Bradford

Run Blocking
Reed
Bleich
Wohlabaugh
Bradford
Cruz

Best Offensive player
Shrader

Best WR
Jones

Best Defensive player
J. Simmons
If I remember correctly….

Huge improvement from Cruz pass blocking.

Huge improvement from Reed run blocking.

Thanks for posting this Bees!

rrlbees Hatcher had a pretty good blocking grade in the first game. Did he keep that up against WMU?

Pass Blocking
Bleich
Cruz
Reed
Wohlabaugh
Bradford

Run Blocking
Reed
Bleich
Wohlabaugh
Bradford
Cruz

Best Offensive player
Shrader

Best WR
Jones

Best Defensive player
J. Simmons

How was Reed week over week?

Also, how are we looking overall in terms of overall quality of ratings?

Thanks for posting.

Petry looked good. Wohlabaugh seemed like he had some trouble establishing the edge with right hip/foot. It also seemed like he was a bit upright and lacked the leverage under the pads. I was overall happy with the D. Some odd decisions with LB pressure early in the game from Wax and McDonald. Lowery seemed to be really anchoring the pass pressure.

Dumb question and not sure why I care, but do the evaluators rank the same teams all season?

Is the PFF stuff publicly available or do you have to pay? Seems like it would be fun for all the data nerds on here to have access to the raw numbers.

How was Reed week over week?

Also, how are we looking overall in terms of overall quality of ratings?

Thanks for posting.

Reed was in the slightly below average range the first game to the above average overall range this week. He particularly improved in pass blocking reaching the good range. Looking at the details it appears his improvement was partially due to being responsible for 2 QB hurries game 1 to none this week.

For reference
IMG_0918.jpeg

After 2 weeks we are 50th in the country for offense and 5th in the ACC. We are 7th in the country for defense and 1st in the ACC. FWIW, we are 2nd in the country for tackling.

Reed was in the slightly below average range the first game to the above average overall range this week. He particularly improved in pass blocking reaching the good range. Looking at the details it appears his improvement was partially due to being responsible for 2 QB hurries game 1 to none this week.

For reference
View attachment 231045
After 2 weeks we are 50th in the country for offense and 5th in the ACC. We are 7th in the country for defense and 1st in the ACC. FWIW, we are 2nd in the country for tackling.
I have to assume rushing is what’s holding back the offense rank?

For reference
View attachment 231045

Thank you!

FWIW Petry was our highest rated OL

I only include starters but I should have probably included him since he did get 28 snaps. Including him he would have been 3rd in run blocking and 4th in pass blocking.

I have to assume rushing is what’s holding back the offense rank?

Correct. Our pass offense is ranked 23rd but the rush offense is 97th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom