the netflix password plan | Syracusefan.com

the netflix password plan

upperdeck

Living Legend
the idea that everyone has to go around to every device and turn on netflix every month to stop from being blocked and no sharing outside the home is more likely to cause people to drop it than it is to create new accts..

the people I know who discuss it the value us pay for it and share it with kids or something.. Now that its gonna be a real pain why have it at all.. if nothing else they should let you use it on 1 device at a time if its used outside the home.

but I can go weeks without using it and now i have to log into every tv or ipad or phone or pc or whatever.. I dont understand why.. if its really gonna track inside the home usage how does that help?

They should only block someone or log someone out after 30 days if they try to connect from an IP that’s different than the master account.

I DESPISE ESPN partly because they don’t keep me logged into their crappy app for long.

I have never once shared my Netflix login or used somebody else’s - I don’t need someone else’s BS shows showing up on my feed. They log me out on my own solo, never shared account and they’re dead to me. Greedy bastards.

They should only block someone or log someone out after 30 days if they try to connect from an IP that’s different than the master account.
what ip are the going to consider the home one is the question. they must be assuming they can get the outfacing IP

in theory you could buy a vpn and watch all your stuff from anyplace thru it. but Im just wondering what IP shows up when you have multiple subnets within the house.

I DESPISE ESPN partly because they don’t keep me logged into their crappy app for long.

I have never once shared my Netflix login or used somebody else’s - I don’t need someone else’s BS shows showing up on my feed. They log me out on my own solo, never shared account and they’re dead to me. Greedy bastards.

I've been so mad at ESPN. The issue just started a few months ago. I thought it was an issues with TV, I've reinstalled the app 10 times.

I wouldn't have much of an issue logging in if they made it a bit easier. The keyboard on my tv sucks, doing it on my phone isn't bad, it's just annoying. Some apps have the QR code that takes you right to the "click your provider" button. That info seems saved in my laptop (or phone, cant remember) and it usually logs me right in. If they make it that easy, I'm down to help combat the peasants using someone else's passwords.

The 7 or so people that have the passwords to my accounts are about to be pretty sad tho

I've been so mad at ESPN. The issue just started a few months ago. I thought it was an issues with TV, I've reinstalled the app 10 times.

I wouldn't have much of an issue logging in if they made it a bit easier. The keyboard on my tv sucks, doing it on my phone isn't bad, it's just annoying. Some apps have the QR code that takes you right to the "click your provider" button. That info seems saved in my laptop (or phone, cant remember) and it usually logs me right in. If they make it that easy, I'm down to help combat the peasants using someone else's passwords.

The 7 or so people that have the passwords to my accounts are about to be pretty sad tho
It’s 2023, it’s friggin absurd that I’ve got to log into these stupid apps on the clunky TV keyboard like I did 10 years ago.

Facial recognition yet? My goodness.

the idea that everyone has to go around to every device and turn on netflix every month to stop from being blocked and no sharing outside the home is more likely to cause people to drop it than it is to create new accts..

the people I know who discuss it the value us pay for it and share it with kids or something.. Now that its gonna be a real pain why have it at all.. if nothing else they should let you use it on 1 device at a time if its used outside the home.

but I can go weeks without using it and now i have to log into every tv or ipad or phone or pc or whatever.. I dont understand why.. if its really gonna track inside the home usage how does that help?
Their stock will be below 200 come September

I see they already backed down on the aggressive solution that has been proposed. I really think they should maybe just limit the usage not the actual sharing. fine if you use it in or out of the home.. but say 1 location at a time.. so if you are in the main IP and 2-3 people in a home thats one thing.. But dont allow multiple people at a time when 1 is outside the home.. Thats still the spirit of the agreement and stop the whole sale sharing which is whats causing the bigger issue.

I have the premium subscription where I can have three or four devices streaming simultaneously. I have not ascertained if anything is changing for me.

My sister is pissed because she has two daughters who she shares the account with outside her home. They were all under one roof when she opened the account but once they went off to college, they continued to use it. I have used it once in a blue moon as well. I guess I won’t be anymore.

It was always a watch inside the house thing , but they were lax with the rules and let it stretch. then people expanded it because it was easy to every person they know. I dont think even with the kids home we ever really watched more than 1 stream at a time 95% of the time.

Just change it to a couple plans.. Multi stream inside the house or one 1 every where.. That cuts down on the pirating but must people would never see a difference.

FWIW, the premium version is free is you have Verizon wireless. You just have to pay $25 for a stupid NFL service that noboby cares about. $240 value for $25.

so, if someone has a second home, they need 2 separate accounts? I mean, it's the same user...

so, if someone has a second home, they need 2 separate accounts? I mean, it's the same user...
and thats why they should really be doing it by stream in some way.

I dunno. I kinda understand what Netflix is doing. If I buy a ticket to the theater, do my kids get in for free?

I dunno. I kinda understand what Netflix is doing. If I buy a ticket to the theater, do my kids get in for free?
yup.. but they also opened the door for remote viewing.. there are simple solutions, just apply them. even the kids being at college has a simple solution to verify and others do it, so just add the feature.

but the new rules would have made it hard to even watch on multiple tvs in your own house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom