The New Guys: Tyler Roberson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The New Guys: Tyler Roberson

That would be shocking. I see grant blossoming into a star next year. Roberson's big chance will come if CJ goes pro.

a couple of people have said that but I'd like to know how so? what do you see that says 'star' ? crazy athleticism yes, for sure. can he shoot ? no. does he have a good handle? no. at least he's never shown a good handle, maybe it's good enough to beat his man off the dribble but I've never seen that.

Is he a 3, is he a 4? Not a 4 imo. So I just don't know. Is he Wesley Johnson or Kueth Duany? To me he's probably more Duany.

Roberson appears to have the skill set more in line with Wes Johnson.

Scoring will be a problem next season. While JB values defense he's going to have to play the kids that can put the ball in the hoop. It should be fun we'll see what happens.

a couple of people have said that but I'd like to know how so? what do you see that says 'star' ? crazy athleticism yes, for sure. can he shoot ? no. does he have a good handle? no. at least he's never shown a good handle, maybe it's good enough to beat his man off the dribble but I've never seen that.

Is he a 3, is he a 4? Not a 4 imo. So I just don't know. Is he Wesley Johnson or Kueth Duany? To me he's probably more Duany.

Roberson appears to have the skill set more in line with Wes Johnson.

Scoring will be a problem next season. While JB values defense he's going to have to play the kids that can put the ball in the hoop. It should be fun we'll see what happens.

I see a long body with an NBA pedigree, a good motor, a knowledge of how to play the game and when he started for that stretch, I saw both inside scoring and jump shots.

You both make good points.

Roberson does have a more versatile skill set and is also a student of the game and a hard worker. He will provide a spark next year, but it might be on a limited basis depending on CJ. I still think he plays 15+ minutes.
But Grant has already shown us how explosive he is on the next level. Sorry I disagree about his outside shot, but it will improve with minutes. He is going to shine next year either way, rebounding, blocks and points all go up as he will have to contribute more.

But, how nice a problem this is to have? Throw in the possibility of CJ next season and McCullough the following year, can you imagine the match-up nightmares for opposing frontcourts with any combination of the four?

I am in the camp that Grant will be great. Don't forget cj didn't have a shot two years ago either, and grant has more natural ability. He will be a monster defensively as well.

I am in the camp that Grant will be great. Don't forget cj didn't have a shot two years ago either, and grant has more natural ability. He will be a monster defensively as well.

CJ has always had a smooth stroke though. Grant has terrible form. Ive seen him hit threes but he's not a good outside shooter, and may never be.

I'm hoping Grant has or develops a handle. To me he's a slasher and will be a formidable play if he can take people off the dribble.

Roberson (and BJ) will have their chance to play next year. While we are "loaded" with Fair and Grant at forward next year, they are are only returning forwards. They can't play 40 minutes a game, so Roberson and BJ will get some run.

I think BJ has a better chance of seeing some time at the 2 guard early in his career due to his lack of bulk. You have to be able to defend and rebound in the zone. I can see him making the slides and covers, but I have a hard time seeing him being able to rebound against college players.

I think BJ has a better chance of seeing some time at the 2 guard early in his career due to his lack of bulk. You have to be able to defend and rebound in the zone. I can see him making the slides and covers, but I have a hard time seeing him being able to rebound against college players.

Does BJ have the ballhandling for a SG? I think we've had some twigs do pretty well at the forward spots. Fair isn't exactly a hulk now and he was rail thin as a Frosh. For that matter, I'm not sure it's possible to be skinnier than Southerland. I could be wrong, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom