The Notre Dame alumni game tonight..as broadcast by Mike Brey.. | Syracusefan.com

The Notre Dame alumni game tonight..as broadcast by Mike Brey..

cto

Administrator
They played a group called the Midwest Dream Team in The Basketball Tournament. What a good game.. won by the "Fighting Alumni" on a great play with two seconds left on the clock.

The color commentator for the game was Mike Brey... who coached all the ND players in college. He did a combo of broadcasting ... and exhorting his former players... and predicting what they should/would do. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

I can't see Jim Boeheim doing the same thing for an "Boeheim's Army" game, but it would be fun if he did.

Last edited:
They played a group called the Midwest Dream Team in The Basketball Tournament. What a good game.. won by the "Fighting Alumni" on a great play with two seconds left on the clock.

The color commentator for the game was Mike Brey... who coached all the ND players in college. He did a combo of broadcasting ... and exhorting his former players... and predicting what they should/would do. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

I can't see Jim Boeheim doing the same thing for an "Boeheim's Army" game, but it would be fun if he did.
Sounds something like Rizzuto, except the Scooter would have left at the end of the 3rd quarter in order to beat the traffic.

Toga said:
Sounds something like Rizzuto, except the Scooter would have left at the end of the 3rd quarter in order to beat the traffic.

How do ya like that?

don't recognize a single name on that midwest dream squad...
I think if BA can get past city of gods tomorrow they'll win the whole thing

It would be great if JB would do the color commentating, or do a guest appearance if the team made it to the finals. I think it would mean a lot to the players.
I imagine it would be better then any comedy show on TV with his reactions to some of the plays. Maybe after he retires, he would consider doing something like this.

He'd have a stroke watching those guys getting open 3 pointers. Especially from the wings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom