The Orange getting the Cavs into foul trouble early was an --- | Syracusefan.com

The Orange getting the Cavs into foul trouble early was an ---

CaliCuse

All American
- important factor yesterday. I think driving to the basket early was a big part of this. The team is loaded with players that can do this.Cooney included. Gbinije and Malachi excel at this. Gbinije's free throw ability is a hold your breath moment.Surprisingly Coleman has become steady at this.Saturday against NCU. Jimmy and Roy Williams have locked horns a few times in their respective careers. Regardless,this has been and is fun!

That is a good point. But actually making the FT's was what proved that to be a big part of the comeback.
I'm always surprised when a big time point maker like Gbinije struggles that free throw line. Trevor is normally very good so I hope he continues this the rest of the way.

That is a good point. But actually making the FT's was what proved that to be a big part of the comeback.

100% correct here. I think at one point, and correct me if I am wrong, Syracuse made 12 or 13 straight. With DC's missed second free throw with 2 sec remaining breaking the streak.

I always end up saying "No, Trevor!" when he drives. He finished well last night so hopefully, he can keep it up. I think the dribble drive is something we have done much better with in the tourney and that UNC will have to scheme for. Don't be surprised if they spend a lot of time this week practicing taking charges.

100% correct here. I think at one point, and correct me if I am wrong, Syracuse made 12 or 13 straight. With DC's missed second free throw with 2 sec remaining breaking the streak.
G missed his first 1 of 2 when we were up 64-62. Prior to that, we had made 14 straight.

I always end up saying "No, Trevor!" when he drives. He finished well last night so hopefully, he can keep it up. I think the dribble drive is something we have done much better with in the tourney and that UNC will have to scheme for. Don't be surprised if they spend a lot of time this week practicing taking charges.
I have to wonder how much more effective Cooney would have been if he had spent this much time driving throughout his career. He seems able to beat his defender off the bounce any time he wants. Whether he finishes or not is still a question, but he's been so much more effective expanding his game this Tourney.