The pick and pop 3 lydon made... | Syracusefan.com

The pick and pop 3 lydon made...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
Was beautiful. And they kept defending it the same way, but G never threw the pass back to Lydon again. Not sure why. It was open.

G kept us in it though

Yeah, there was at least once in the first half, maybe twice, where I thought Lydon had an open shot and didn't take the shot.

I was surprised after how much more aggressive he's been of late.

Agree though, thought we could have done more to exploit that considering how lax they were in covering Lydon on that play.

Yeah, there was at least once in the first half, maybe twice, where I thought Lydon had an open shot and didn't take the shot.

Agree though, thought we could have done more to exploit that considering how lax they were in covering Lydon on that play.
Yep, not only did Tyler pass an open shot a few times, there were several times late in the game where G didn't even look back at him. Tyler is going to hit that shot most of the time, we have to feed him there. I hope that's a focal point of the offense going forward. Tyler also drove the ball a few times and got to the rim, whenever a true 5 is on him he can take him off the dribble. We have to exploit that mismatch

The play was there literally EVERY SINGLE TIME...

Even when they covered the shot, he can easily take any big off the bounce and get to the rim and the foul line.

He passed up a couple tonight. And on a couple more he gave a really nice ball fake and went right by his man and got to the line. He needs to touch the ball far more than he does.

Even when they covered the shot, he can easily take any big off the bounce and get to the rim and the foul line.

He passed up a couple tonight. And on a couple more he gave a really nice ball fake and went right by his man and got to the line. He needs to touch the ball far more than he does.
Ironically, I'm OK with him passing it up a few times, it makes him a triple threat. But for us to just ignore how open he was the last 5 minutes was extremely frustrating

Cuse_1999 said:
Was beautiful. And they kept defending it the same way, but G never threw the pass back to Lydon again. Not sure why. It was open. G kept us in it though

Couple times after that Lydon rolled to the rim and was defended. Not all on G

Yup, would have run that play literally every single time down the court in the 2nd half. Can't believe they didn't run it again. That is on JB.
They ran it multiple times after but G never threw it back to Lydon. Not mad at G. He kept us in it late.

Was beautiful. And they kept defending it the same way, but G never threw the pass back to Lydon again. Not sure why. It was open.

G kept us in it though

Great post. Agree w both pts and felt same way

Love Lydon. I think he's going to dominate next year and be our best player. He's been in double figures 7 of the past 9 games and he's our most efficient player. He's also 5th in the ACC in blocks. Can't wait to see what he can do playing the 3/4 next year.

Kinda like how Roberson is many times the first one down the floor and open when we get the ball, but we NEVER look to get it to him. Seems like this has happened consistently since he was a freshman. I'd love to see Battle or Howard look up and see him there next year so we can finally take advantage of that.

Kinda like how Roberson is many times the first one down the floor and open when we get the ball, but we NEVER look to get it to him. Seems like this has happened consistently since he was a freshman. I'd love to see Battle or Howard look up and see him there next year so we can finally take advantage of that.

And when he did get the look it was a lob at his knee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom