The ridiculous things commentators say during blow outs. | Syracusefan.com

The ridiculous things commentators say during blow outs.

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
"Iowa held Stanford to 3 points in the 3rd quarter. There is no quit in the Hawkeyes."

I am waiting for Brent to say, "It's too bad that one of these teams had to lose today."

Iowa has really bad luck in Rose Bowls. In 1982 when I was five years old, my dad wouldn't let us break out any snacks until Iowa scored. Yes, Washington won 28-0.

Iowa has really bad luck in Rose Bowls. In 1982 when I was five years old, my dad wouldn't let us break out any snacks until Iowa scored. Yes, Washington won 28-0.

That's something that stays with you for a lifetime.

"If I was Iowa, I would write on the chalkboard PRIDE P-R-I-D-E. If I was Stanford I would write FINISH F-I-N-I-S-H"

"Iowa held Stanford to 3 points in the 3rd quarter. There is no quit in the Hawkeyes."

I am waiting for Brent to say, "It's too bad that one of these teams had to lose today."

They really went overboard in their praise of Iowa's 2nd half effort,Stan completely took their foot off the pedal in the 2nd half.

What do you talk about in a blowout? McCaffrey was a large topic of conversation. After that ... Not much to say. I thought they would talk about how Iowa's QB looked beat all to heck but kept playing.

anything is better than announcers spending the majority of the game telling us how to pronounce Clemson, Clumpson, Clempson, etc .....that was truly painful...remember feeling pity for Clemson fans getting blown out and having to listen to that

Or..."Pass the scotch".

What do you talk about in a blowout? McCaffrey was a large topic of conversation. After that ... Not much to say. I thought they would talk about how Iowa's QB looked beat all to heck but kept playing.

He could always talk about AJ McCarron's girlfriend again ... made great TV.

Yeah, what's with all the blowouts in the bowls? Good to see some offense, but none too exciting for a lot of them.

Announcers are under obligation to say there is still a contest when the outcome of the game is no longer in question. They know that bad ratings means their own role in the game comes under question. So keep the audience believing the game isn't over yet.

Maybe I'm experiencing selective memory but we, as Syracuse fans, have seen more exciting bowl games than boring ones.

Bowl games excitement index = zero

Lot of stinker one sided games. Like watching the Ali/Wepner fight.

That's exactly what the announcers said about the Oregon game last night until TCU came from behind and won the game.

Delmar said:
Announcers are under obligation to say there is still a contest when the outcome of the game is no longer in question. They know that bad ratings means their own role in the game comes under question. So keep the audience believing the game isn't over yet.

Sorry, but none of that is true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom