The Rings of Power | Syracusefan.com

The Rings of Power

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
The Lord of the Rings trilogy are my favorite films, and it’s remarkable how well they “hold up”. This series is very polarizing and it hasn’t even aired yet. Many people fear the storyline won’t follow the Tolkien work. The cinematography appears to be top tier, which makes since considering the unbelievable budget through Amazon.

I’m going in with an open mind. As far as I’m concerned, if it flops it won’t change my love for LOTR, so who cares?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy are my favorite films, and it’s remarkable how well they “hold up”. This series is very polarizing and it hasn’t even aired yet. Many people fear the storyline won’t follow the Tolkien work. The cinematography appears to be top tier, which makes since considering the unbelievable budget through Amazon.

I’m going in with an open mind. As far as I’m concerned, if it flops it won’t change my love for LOTR, so who cares?
I think Amazon got the Tolkien Estate’s approval for the plot-line. If so, HUGE deal.

Amazon’s also put money money into this. Their chance to compete against HBO’s GoT and Netflix’s collection of great shows.

If you know the material that this is going to be loosely based on, it’s unmitigated disrespectful garbage.

there’s a reason why they had to wait until Christopher Tolkien died ( he NEVER would have approved of what they have done) and fired Tom Shippey immediately there after.

Anyone watch?

I have watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them both. Are they perfect, no. Then again neither was LoTR which had major points changed or omitted.

And do not even get me started on the abomination that was the Hobbit trilogy. For me the best translation to screen of the Hobbit is still the 1977 Rankin/Bass cartoon.

I find it “decent” but when you add the title Lord of The Rings I expect greatness. Which didn’t happen. The characters just seem to not really flow or have that connection that we saw in the movies

I find it “decent” but when you add the title Lord of The Rings I expect greatness. Which didn’t happen. The characters just seem to not really flow or have that connection that we saw in the movies
It’s early, setting a lot of the story right now. I’ve enjoyed it. Treat it for what it is, a show. Fantasy. I haven’t read the book. I’m entertained by it, so I’ll watch.

Diehards are ripping it because it may not follow the books/canon, but I'm not that intense about all that.

Others rip on the writing/acting.

Others because there isn't enough action so far.

Others (racists), are upset that there are so many black characters . . .

But like 917 said, there's a lot of setting the story right now that keeps me interested and excited for what is to come.

The role the Harfoots and The Stranger will play,
Is Halbrand, Sauron?
Who is Adar, etc.

I’m a couple episodes behind but hoping to catch up soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom