The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

The Shady to Tennessee thread (it was fun while it lasted)...

It wasn't as much the fanbase but probably their top 25 donors, I would bet the large majority of them hated the hire, it wasn't Joe Fan sitting in a tree stand, spreading buck gravy as he tweeted while he tried to scope in some 8 point...

Let's not forget the many politicians that got involved yesterday. It is a public school.

Let's not forget the many politicians that got involved yesterday. It is a public school.

They only got involved because it was a coach they didn't like. Their fandom blinded them from using logic.

You think I care about what you or locals do? Get a life outside of vicariously living through kids.
It's clear now why you are apparently such a Shady supporter. Birds of a feather...

I trust McQueary way more than Bradley or Schiano.
Schiano probably doesn’t deserve the degree of blame he is getting for this Penn State stuff.
That blame should go to Joe-Pa as he forced Sandusky out early in 2000 and let Sandusky go out as a hero from 1986 and continued on the Penn State campus.
Paterno has to answer for Sandusky and Schiano is collateral damage.
Tennessee fans just hated the hire and used the Penn State stuff to Pr him out.

Shady is a bad coach and not a great guy.
I wouldn't be 100 percent shocked he knew something at Penn state.

That being said the things I'm reading on Twitter etc where if you write an article in "support" you now have no problem with ped o is deeply concerning to me. Don't like seeing more and more fanbases turn into a scientology like cult using fair game practices.

Last edited:
it was pizzagate-esque. Donald Trump impact in college football.

I'm ok w questioning Greg as a coach. I happen to think he's not as bad as everyone here thinks. I have seen guys who i thought were atrocious finally figure it out at their 3rd shot (Pete Carroll comes to mind). If the coaches who actually have worked w the guy think he's pretty good, it's worth another shot. I totally understand the critiques for his body of work but to use Penn St as the reason, is outrageous.
Not outrageous if you believe McQuery.

Schiano probably doesn’t deserve the degree of blame he is getting for this Penn State stuff.
That blame should go to Joe-Pa as he forced Sandusky out early in 2000 and let Sandusky go out as a hero from 1986 and continued on the Penn State campus.

Tom Bradley should speak up today and reaffirm his statement because his hearsay has ruined someone else's coaching career if it's not 100% accurate. I also think the AD at Ohio St needs to say something too.

Tennessee should do the thing they always should have done: hire Dave Cutcliffe, the guy who coached Peyton, the guy who turned around Duke. Not the sexiest hire but the right one .

Not outrageous if you believe McQuery.

It's believe Tom Bradley via McQuery. It's two levels of hearsay. That's quite the game that passed an Ohio St smell test. They had nothing to gain adding him to their superstar star under Urban Meyer and did it anyway and got 0 complaints about it.

It's believe Tom Bradley via McQuery. It's two levels of hearsay. That's quite the game that passed an Ohio St smell test. They had nothing to gain adding him to their superstar star under Urban Meyer and did it anyway and got 0 complaints about it.
What OSU does makes no impact on me. You have to believe that McQuery is lying. Why should he?

I wonder if Schiano sues Travis and some of the other media members?
Couldn't win and the last thing he needs is discovery or testifying under oath. No way he can discredit McQuery.

What OSU does makes no impact on me. You have to believe that McQuery is lying. Why should he?

I don't believe he was lying that Bradley said it.

I don't know how what Bradley says somehow turns it into fact and we don't know that Bradley was lying? Maybe Bradley was the one who knew the info and was using Schiano as a cover.

If McQuery under oath said SCHIANO told him, yes, it's a different story.

They only got involved because it was a coach they didn't like. Their fandom blinded them from using logic.

Maybe they didn't want a coach with a sub 500 record? Or maybe they didn't want a coach 20 wins under 500 in Big East games? Maybe they didn't want a coach who can't coach an offense to save his life? Or perhaps they didn't want a guy who teaches his teams to go after knees when the other team is in the victory formation? Maybe they didn't like the way he handled the MRSA outbreak in his locker room. They might have hated the fact that his Tampa Bay team absolutely hated him.

Using an idiot like Gary Parrish to prove a point that Tennessee fans are wrong?

Maybe they didn't want a coach with a sub 500 record? Or maybe they didn't want a coach 20 wins under 500 in Big East games? Maybe they didn't want a coach who can't coach an offense to save his life? Or perhaps they didn't want a guy who teaches his teams to go after knees when the other team is in the victory formation? Maybe they didn't like the way he handled the MRSA outbreak in his locker room. They might have hated the fact that his Tampa Bay team absolutely hated him.

Using an idiot like Gary Parrish to prove a point that Tennessee fans are wrong?

His coaching resume is valid to not want him. Many are using allegations at Penn State to disqualify him. Allegations that were never proven. Urban Meyer's Florida teams were all-conference convicts. Think Ohio State cared about that? No. He could win. That's all that matters. Tennessee fans think that Knoxville is a top job when it isn't.

It never got through an OSU smell test because the transcript wasn't made public until July 2016, long after Schiano was hired. And Urban is a scumbag as it is, so his smell test isn't really something to hold up as an arbiter of morality.

I don't get why any team would want to be in the middle of this...for Greg Schiano. Either McQuery is lying or Schiano is lying. Either way, 10 foot pole yourself away from it altogether. It's not like we're talking about Saban or Meyer here.

I don't get why any team would want to be in the middle of this...for Greg Schiano. Either McQuery is lying or Schiano is lying. Either way, 10 foot pole yourself away from it altogether. It's not like we're talking about Saban or Meyer here.

And that's the problem. No one would blink twice if they were lumped in because they've won. The fake outrage is hilarious.

Joe Paterno knew about Sandusky and didn’t stop him.
You think Bradley or Schiano would do anything.
McQuery isn’t lying as he has been blackballed because he spoke up.
He was Penn State thru and thru before this.

Bradley was out of coaching till Mora Jr. gave him a chance at UCLA.

Due to something being hearsay means it can’t be used to prove the truth of matter asserted. Just because I can’t prove they didn’t know what Sandusky was doesn’t mean I can’t think they knew or saw stuff.

Last edited:
His coaching resume is valid to not want him. Many are using allegations at Penn State to disqualify him. Allegations that were never proven. Urban Meyer's Florida teams were all-conference convicts. Think Ohio State cared about that? No. He could win. That's all that matters. Tennessee fans think that Knoxville is a top job when it isn't.

You can't really prove the allegations against Schiano. You either believe McQueary or you don't. I believe him because he's the only person at that entire disgusting institution that exhibited even an ounce of decency in that whole thing (just an ounce though, he isn't exactly a hero).

Tennessee gets 100,000+ a game. They're a huge job. They also have several great recruiting classes worth of talent and a great one coming in. They were stupid for firing Jones after one bad year, but they have a lot to offer. But other than a payday, I wouldn't wan to coach in the SEC. Almost every other school in the country will give you a pass for a bad season. It's insane that every school expects to be 9-3 or better every year and then fires the coach after one bad season.

Couldn't win and the last thing he needs is discovery or testifying under oath. No way he can discredit McQuery.

On the flip side, given Schiano's deep pockets don't you think he'd have been ripe for numerous civil suits from the victims? Yet nada.

I agree completely that the TN fans don't really care about the Penn State issue. They just didn't want a douche for a football coach. Somebody tied the Penn St thing to it and it gave them a reason they didn't want Schiano other than just him being a douche. They probably felt that's a good enough reason not to want him so lets say that, because otherwise they realize its not really polite to say they don't want a coach just because he is a douche.

Totally agree. I can think of several reasons why Schiano would not be a good hire. But this PSU stuff is BS. Lynch mob mentality.

Btw Tennessee is getting absolutely mauled on the airwaves today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom