Nickelodeon
Robin and Marian
The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
The Seven-Per-Cent Solution
The Shootist
Silent Movie
Voyage of the Damned

But the Steve goes to: Rocky

I thought the first Rocky was a great movie because it avoided all the clichés. The fight was realistic: not all the punches landed: they got tired, they were bruised up at the end but not like in a horror movie, the less talented guy lost but proved himself from going the distance. In Rocky II they jumped right into every cliché they carefully avoided in the first film and the melodramatic ending seemed ridiculous to me. I thought the third movie was racist, with the big, scary black guy threating the white hero’s wife. I attended the Holmes-Cooney fight via closed circuit TV at the Landmark and watched the black fans celebrated while the disappointed white fans filed out with their heads down. Two weeks later I saw Rocky III and some of the same people were in the audience rooting Rocky on as he KOed Clubber Lang: they’d gotten what they wanted ton the movies screen. I didn’t bother with Rocky IV. Stallone had turned his everyman hero into a boxing superman who would defeat anyone the white middle class didn’t like. The more recent ones got bad reviews and I just didn’t bother them. So Rocky I is the only one you will see on my list.

rocky. Creed was really good

All the presidents men.. another one i watch whenever i come across it

Bugsy Malone

The Bad News Bears

The Eagle has landed

The Enforcer

The Shootist.. And the JW Era comes to an end

Midway
Robin and Marian

Silver Streak
The Big Bus
Mother Jugs and Speed
Gus. We could have used him at Rutgers

The Gumball rally
Cannonball

The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings

Marathon Man was an interesting watch, too.

Surprised to see that Silver Streak did such a big gross. I like it, but I wasn't aware that it was such a commercial hit.

Somehow never saw or heard of this movie version of The Last Tycoon, but that's quite a cast of characters. I enjoyed the unfinished novel, so that's probably worth seeking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom