The two whipping boys on here. Cooney and Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

The two whipping boys on here. Cooney and Gbinije

my thoughts...we win this game by 15 if we only had 10 turnovers.

Eh, these our are guards. I guess we live with it.

Cooney 16 points (4-8) from 3.

Gbinije, 10 points (3-5 shooting), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals.

Thoughts.

They will continue to be ragged on. Cooney backpacked that team to a comeback and the freshman threw it away.

My thoughts are that our SHOOTING guard finally made a few shots. Our 4th year designated glue guy finally played like we need him to for the most part. Now, let's see some consistency.

They will continue to be ragged on. Cooney backpacked that team to a comeback and the freshman threw it away.
McCullough played a big role in that comeback as well, though that pass was ridiculously bad.

They played well offensively. Cooney was horrendous defensively as he continues to get sucked into penetration into the paint instead of sticking with shooters. Kaleb just doesn't impact the game much...yet. Looks very tentative still offensively and is a mess on D. Still, progress is happening.

McCullough played a big role in that comeback as well, though that pass was ridiculously bad.

Yeah that was so bad. Gbinjie was in there too close to Joseph or something. I don't know what that crap was. Oy...

Other than Cooney's terrible decision to cheat to the paint instead of getting out to Albrecht at NBA range, I was thoroughly impressed with his performance during key moments.

Another point: Anybody else notice that Cooney shot a lot more 3's that he stepped into, rather than catch-and-shoots off of screens? Can't be a coincidence that he knocked 'em down with more frequency.

Gbinije has a good first step and can be an asset on offense. He did a very good job defending a 3-on-1 break by Michigan.

He also seems to be a poor decision-maker. Between that and his erratic free-throw shooting, he can't have the ball in his hands late in a close game. That will limit his effectiveness.

Thoughts.

My thoughts are they both played good. Now let's see some consistency from our 2 fourth year leaders and we'll be all set.

I was glad to especially see Silent G play well. The level of personal hate on here and in the fan base has been uncalled for.

I was glad to especially see Silent G play well. The level of personal hate on here and in the fan base has been uncalled for.

Relax man. There is no hate I am seeing. He obviously has been playing poorly. Boeheim said it and others here noticed it obviously. It deserved to be dicussed. He still left too many shooters open but some positive steps offensively.

i was thinking that once mighty Syracuse now starts trevor cooney and bj johnson ? that's akron talent !

Relax man. There is no hate I am seeing. He obviously has been playing poorly. Boeheim said it and others here noticed it obviously. It deserved to be dicussed. He still left too many shooters open but some positive steps offensively.

When people call him a "Cancer". That is hate.

Not right !!!

By February, in that situation, KJ will have to know to come get the ball from him. It's okay to start to run up the court earlier in the game, but at the end you are the PG and you need to go back and get the ball.

But this game definitely showed improvement and hope that by February we can contend in the ACC and get an NCAA slot.

Cheers,
Neil

Gbinije wasn't great. Got bailed out a couple of times and lucky a couple of times when he got out of control. Three turnovers are the same number as the freshman point guard who handled the ball a lot more than him.

Thoughts.

honestly... anyone that wants to whip on cooney is just clueless.

He isn't a pure shooter like some thought he was 3 years ago. he's an all around player. And i freaking want him on my team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom