The Upside - after Texas Southern | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - after Texas Southern

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We completed the pre-conference schedule with a 10-3 record. Now we need only 7 conference wins to get a 46th consecutive winning season. A .500 record in the conference would at least make us a bubble team and we picked up a couple of good wins along the way.

- DaJuan Coleman seems to have erupted. After scoring 13 points in only 12 minutes on 5 for 5 shooting against Montana State, he had 14 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes in this game. Combined that’s 32 minutes in which he scored 27 points and pulled down 11 rebounds. While making 9 of 10 shots from the field and blocking three shots. Yes, it was against inferior opposition but he had not previously been dominating inferior opposition.

- DC also made 9 of 10 shots from the foul line and is for the year is leading the team in free throw percentage (19 for 23, .826). After 13 games it’s not a fluke. Going into this season he was 44 for 93 on his career (.473). He’s gone from being A.O. at the line to being GMAC. I wonder if GMAQC has something to do with that. I know a lot of hard work had a lot to do with it.

- Michael Gbinije still hasn’t had a bad game. Today he had 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. We’ve had greater players but few as good in all departments.

- Trevor Cooney seems to be heating up. He hit half of his 8 three pointers and scored 14 points.

- Tyler Lydon’s shot wasn’t quite on but he still got his points: 13 of them, along with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal. The next step in that trend would be a zero, so I’ll state that that was the number of his turnovers.

- They had 15 turnovers and 14 of them were Syracuse steals. We had only 5 turnovers and 5 more blocks than they did, so that’s like being +15 in rebounds. That probably had more to do with our winning this game than any other stat.

10-3 with 18+ to go…and only 7 more wins needed to guarantee our 46th consecutive winning season!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom