The Upside - FSU II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - FSU II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Mike Gbinije had a superb game, even by his standards, with 21 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists. Too bad he also had 5 fouls, the last when he didn’t touch the guy and the game was still in doubt.

- Mal Richardson can basically do everything Gbinije, (a fifth year senior), can do as a freshman, just not as consistently. Imagine how great he’ll be as a senior, (when he’ll be in the NBA).

- But he won’t be as good as Tyler Lydon, (who will also be in the NBA). Tyler got our offense going and shot 6 for 9 for 16 points and added 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

- I wasn’t under the impression Tyler Roberson was playing well but then I looked at the box score. 7 points on 3 for 5 shooting with 4 rebounds, (could have been more), 4 steals, 3 assists and 2 blocks.

- Credit where it’s due: Trevor Cooney continued to miss a lot of shots but his two threes came at key points of the game: they gave us a 6-5 lead (only our second basket in the first 8 minutes) and to tie the game at 55 with 9:22 left. I’ve accused of missing too many open shots when they would have tied the game or given us the lead: those are two in his favor. He scored 12 points, pulled down 4 rebounds, passed for 4 assists and stole the ball twice. If he could do that every game, we’d all be big fans.

- There’s still a chance that these players will get to display their skills in the big dance. They’ve got some work to do next week but they can get it done.

19-12 (9-9) with 2+ to go…

LET’S GO ORANGE!

While I appreciate the positive attitude here, I've come to the opinion that Cooney hitting a shot early is actually a really bad thing. Just gives him unnecessary confidence. And that's based on absolutely no facts.

To keep this post somewhat positive (upside), I was very pleased to see Roberson actually get rewarded for running the floor and getting a fast break layup. Can't remember the last time that happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom