The Upside- MTS | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- MTS

SWC75

Bored Historian
- MTS looked bad against Vandy but came back to beat us the next week. We can do that, too.

- We were horrible on offense but gained over 300 yards, had 25 first downs and scored 23 points. That is the new ‘horrible’.

- I’ve decided to dub the three running back formation the “Eye-Eye-Eye” formation. If a defender sees Chris Elmore coming at him, he’s going to say “Eye-Eye-Eye!” Elmore is going to get us a lot of first downs this season.

- We did see some more versatility from the running game with Elmore, with the reverses to Phillips, with the Dungey runs. I’d still like to see a toss sweep from time to time.

- Steve Ismael now has 26 catches in two games. He’s on a pace for 156 receptions!

- I like Cole Murphy’s kick-offs. He averaged 66 yards a kick and had four touchdowns.

- I thought Chris Slayton had a disruptive game inside and Josh Black had two straight tackles for a loss. Jonathan Thomas had his interception and two TFLs.

- It’s just one game. A loss to a team that thinks it can win Conference USA. We’ve got 10 chances to prove that we are a better team than this. We had some bad games under Coach Mac, to0. Then came 1987.

1-1 with 10+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

All that and we blew chunks for the most part.

Yipee...

The upside?
1. They dont have better players than us at any position.
2. We were unprepared in all phases
3. Our oline was awful and they didnt play with many in the box all night. We had 300 yards in 4 hrs.
4. We continue to REFUSE to use our talent on O. Quick routes out to flat. Zero passes between the numbers using the middle and that's over 60% of the field.
5. Dbs still getting smoked all over the place, most balls of the mark or it would have been a massacre.
6. This "fast " offense leaves the D in the dark. Our 2 systems wont work at this level. Our D was gassed. It only works with a lead, not even in a back and forth game.
7. Dino et al were disturbingly out schemed in all phases.

The upside?
1. They dont have better players than us at any position.
2. We were unprepared in all phases
3. Our oline was awful and they didnt play with many in the box all night. We had 300 yards in 4 hrs.
4. We continue to REFUSE to use our talent on O. Quick routes out to flat. Zero passes between the numbers using the middle and that's over 60% of the field.
5. Dbs still getting smoked all over the place, most balls of the mark or it would have been a massacre.
6. This "fast " offense leaves the D in the dark. Our 2 systems wont work at this level. Our D was gassed. It only works with a lead, not even in a back and forth game.
7. Dino et al were disturbingly out schemed in all phases.

Yeah, but that's not the Upside!

- MTS looked bad against Vandy but came back to beat us the next week. We can do that, too.

- We were horrible on offense but gained over 300 yards, had 25 first downs and scored 23 points. That is the new ‘horrible’.

- I’ve decided to dub the three running back formation the “Eye-Eye-Eye” formation. If a defender sees Chris Elmore coming at him, he’s going to say “Eye-Eye-Eye!” Elmore is going to get us a lot of first downs this season.

- We did see some more versatility from the running game with Elmore, with the reverses to Phillips, with the Dungey runs. I’d still like to see a toss sweep from time to time.

- Steve Ismael now has 26 catches in two games. He’s on a pace for 156 receptions!

- I like Cole Murphy’s kick-offs. He averaged 66 yards a kick and had four touchdowns.

- I thought Chris Slayton had a disruptive game inside and Josh Black had two straight tackles for a loss. Jonathan Thomas had his interception and two TFLs.

- It’s just one game. A loss to a team that thinks it can win Conference USA. We’ve got 10 chances to prove that we are a better team than this. We had some bad games under Coach Mac, to0. Then came 1987.

1-1 with 10+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!
not convinced with hurry up offense, with this team and existing talent. dropped passes everywhere. we cannot throw north and south at all. ol is bad. we seemed to be bigger than mtsu but not as strong or talented. they had good speed,good qb and good receivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom