The Upside- NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- From the department of strange stats: Last year we averaged 330 yards a game on offense and 17 points on the scoreboard. This year we are averaging 327 yards per game and 28 points. Our offensive improvement has been masked by our poor defense which can’t get off the field. Last year the excellence of our defense, (27th in the country was masked by our offensive ineptitude. If we can just get them coordinated as these guys grow up, we could have a real breakthrough.

- When I was a kid I liked games in which both teams scored at least 20 points. It always seemed to me that in such a game, both team would have their moments and would have something to be happy about. If we’d gotten another field goal against Louisville, we’d have scored 20+ points in every game. Only the 1959 and 1987 teams have done that through the regular season and only the 1959 team has done it in every game.

- That 75 yard burst by Jordan Fredericks was a sign of things to come for him. He’s the real deal.

- So was that amazing catch by Erv Phillips for SU’s first TD. He’s just learning to be a receiver. We already know he’s a good runner. He’ll be quite a weapon in the next two years.

- I also love Antwan Cordy. He’s only 5-8 178 but he’s all football player. He knows where the ball is and what to do when he gets there.

- There’s a lot of good young players on this team. We need the freshmen and sophomores to become juniors and seniors and to recruit a couple more good classes who will be the new freshmen and sophomores and give us the depth we need, then take over as the key players when they are fully ready to do so, not when they are pretty much all we have, like the current group.

3-8 with 1 to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

There are some bright spots on offense right now. Fun guys to watch, don't know if it means HCSS will keep his job but we sure have more life in the offense than previous years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom