The Upside - Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Pittsburgh

SWC75

Bored Historian
- I thought we played really well, despite missing a lot of opportunities early and losing the rebound battle. I really thought we’d have a hard time competing with this team but we did that well until running out of gas at the end and I ahd hopes we could hold on for a huge win until the final minute.

- Pitt came in averaging 50% from the field and 38% from the arc. We held them to 41% and 26% and it was no fluke. We were in their face and cutting off passes most of the game.

- Despite his shooting troubles, Michael Gbinije worked hard to get the basket and still came up with 14 points and added 7 assists. He still hasn’t had a truly bad game, even if this was a frustrating one.

- Pitt made sure to get out on our shooters, limiting us to 15 three point attempts but we adjusted well, driving to the basket or hitting Tyler Roberson who was 7 for 12 from the field and scored 15 points and got 7 rebs. He’s not a post-up guy but he can finish inside when the defense is paying too much attention to his teammates.

- Trevor Cooney, despite the attention to the three point shooters, hit three of them and also drove to the basket enough to get to the line for 6 free throws and thus tied Roberson for the team lead with 15 points. Cooney also got 6 rebounds, one behind Roberson.

10-4 (0-1) with 17+ to go…and only 7 more wins needed to guarantee our 46th consecutive winning season!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

we only shot 15 3's because for some insane reason we didnt shoot a single 3 the last 3 minutes.

we should have jacked up a minimum of 10 in the last 3 minutes. and it was ZERO! incredible. When Malichi dribbled off his foot down 8 with a minute to go because he wanted to take it to the hoop, i wanted to kill Hop.

we only shot 15 3's because for some insane reason we didnt shoot a single 3 the last 3 minutes.

we should have jacked up a minimum of 10 in the last 3 minutes. and it was ZERO! incredible. When Malichi dribbled off his foot down 8 with a minute to go because he wanted to take it to the hoop, i wanted to kill Hop.

Pitt was making a point of taking the three away so we went to our only alternative: lower your shoulder and drive to the hoop.

Pitt was making a point of taking the three away so we went to our only alternative: lower your shoulder and drive to the hoop.

our only alternative was the worst possible scenario? we went from down 1 to down 11... i think on possibly a 10-0 run??? PLEASE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom