The Upside - Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Wake Forest

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Had nice evening with Accurater. Steak dinner, good conversation and we rooted for the Cubs after the SU debacle and the won to take a 2-0 lead. I feel it's actually going to happen...

- We didn’t lose by those five points we bobbled away in the first period. I felt sure we would.

- We solved out problem of gaining plenty of yards but not scoring that many points. In this game, we didn’t gain the yards, either.

- The defense played pretty well, although they were aided by playing a plodding team in bad conditions. They had another goal line stand ending in a fumble they recovered in the end zone, one of two turnovers. They forced 6 punts, getting us the ball back when we still had a chance to win. We just didn’t do anything with the opportunities they gave us. Zaire Franklin and Parris Bennett were both flying all over the place and Corey Winfield got the hit of the year to produce the other turnover, which was technically an interception. But nothing came of it.

- We did final fake the run and throw the pass on that draw play – twice. I was wondering if I’d live to see it.

- Strickland and Neal had their most productive games, thanks to two burst: Strickland eran 9 yards just before the half to set up – an interception. Neal had a 37 yarder in which he hesitated and got caught from behind. I thought both were going to score. Dungey also had a 27 yard run. Those three plays accounted for 113 of our rushing yards. The rest of it was 45 yards on 37 carries, (which includes 6 sacks for 39 yards so it was really 84 yards on 31 actual running plays, an average of 2.7 yards per carry).

- Steve Ismael had a nice comeback, leading the team with 5 catches for 56 yards, including a big third down play where he out-leaped and out-fought a defender for the ball.

- Other than Brisley fair catching the ball too close to the goal line and failing to pounce on the bad snap in the end zone, there were no real special teams blunders.

- Somewhere Arnold Palmer is smiling.

2-4 with 6+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online