The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- - I was asked at the end of the regular season for a prediction on what Syracuse could accomplish in the post season. I said that I thought maybe they could win a game in New York and one in the Big Dance. 25-10. I wasn’t even sure they could do that. What happened was a lot better than that.

- It looked like a blow-out loss at halftime. But our guys came back and made a game of it. We weren’t Florida.

- CJ Fair got a lot of defensive attention with MCW and Southerland having bad games but he did his best to carry us on his back with 22 points and 7 rebounds.

- Brandon Triche who had been up and down his entire senior season, went out strong with 11 points and 8 assists. He ended his career with more wins than any other SU player: 121.

- Rakeem Christmas was another Dow-Joneser who had a pretty good final game, (of his sophomore season) with 5 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and a block. Jimmy Fallon must be happy.

- Jeremy Grant gave us a look into the future with 4 points, 7 rebounds, a block and even an assists in only 17 minutes of play.

- MCW was terrible on offense but he swallowed the National POY whole of defense. The only thing Burke got was a 30 footer.

- I’ll be watching plenty of sporting events this spring and summer but the next one I will worry about will be played on August 31, 2013. Until then, the living will be easy.

- We’re free, Willy, we’re free.

30-10 and here’s to some fine young men.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Thanks for all the reportng and analysis- always great to read. I will miss the Upside/Downside and can't wait til next season. Not suprisingly your Downside was much longer than the Upside but consider recent events. Given where this team was a few weeks ago who could have foreseen the tremendous upside they did indeed have. I'm tremendously disappointed but also tremendously pleased by what this team did. So, taking this into account, the Upside could have been several pages long.:)

The ultimate upside, there will be a next year, with new exciting players and some really good returning ones.

Thanks for the post. Hopefully we will be deeper next year and our remaining players will work hard over the summer.
I think Grant will be a game changer if he learns to finish. He rebounds with some aggression and grabs the ball with both hands which I like seeing.

SWC, thanks for another great season of your post game write ups. No game is complete until I read them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom