The week that was... | Syracusefan.com

The week that was...

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
What a week+ it's been...

Last week Saturday: my Lady and I watch the Marquette win with the local Alumni club. She's become a true Orange fan (next to her Gators) over the last few years. We help raise money for the book scholarship that's awarded for local incoming SU students.

Sunday: we watch my Lady's Gators lose to Michigan in the company of a 2-time national champion SU lax player and his protege, another national champion SU lax player. Both former players now coach in the Atlanta area.

Tuesday: my Lady and I welcome the SU basketball team to Atlanta at the team hotel along with 50 other local alumni & fans. We enjoyed meeting some of the players and staff. We end up having dinner with an SUAD staff member.

Thursday: following my participation at the local SU Admitted Student Program (at the Louisville team hotel, of all places), I make my way back to the team hotel. I meet up with CTO, VA Orange, staff members, and an assistant coach's spouse. I'm re-introduced to TGD and his staff and enjoy the conversation. I re-join CTO with a player and his family for a relaxing chat. CTO and I then re-join VA Orange and the assistant coach's wife, where we learn that the assistant coach met his wife thanks to another former player. After some people retire for the evening, JAB & Juli return from a late dinner and chat for a bit. The night is complete when JAB's daughter arrives from out west to share in the weekend experience... a nice finish to the evening.

I end up finding my car "locked" in the adjacent shopping mall's parking lot. Fortunately, there's a pedestrian crossing that let's my SUV escape.

Friday: I take my youngest with me to practice. After checking out our Final Four seats we move to a better location during practice. I'm somehow "selected" by a D.O. reporter to be interviewed for a story that ran in the paper. Following practice we head to the Hudson Grille. We meet TexanMark for a light meal. Since the scene isn't prime for a youngster, we head home. My apologies to llandz, OrangePA and others. I would've love to have met you. The night ends at a local restaurant with my Lady... they're impressed by our Final Four tickets and take a picture for their website.

Saturday: made our way through Bracket Town and helped drain the town of brew. What? Watched the games and ran into CuseRegular on the way out.

Sunday: had lunch at Siracusa's with TexanMark, Swish, Lollipop Orange, CuseRegular+ and OrangeTradition++.

I hope to have more of these Orange weeks, only coupled with Orange victories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom