The worst part about all of this | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The worst part about all of this

Tough year to be looking. White probably better than anyone we can get.

Our QBs arm fell off. Would have been nice if the guy who started the year and our top WR didn’t quit.
Do you really think dino would have put devito in at any point of the last 3 games? I don’t. He was better gone

O is a non-starter. Period.

Marrone has been wildly underwhelming with Bama’s OL which has some of the best raw talent there is and the guy didn’t enjoy recruiting pre portal.

The last few games were my final straw with Dino. Love the guy. I wanted him to succeed so much. Loved all the Ohana stuff, etc. If we replace him, it has to be with someone solid that can ensure some stability during the transition and can be a strong game day coach and solid recruiter. I get we aren’t going to start hauling in five stars.

If JW keeps Dino, there has to be a massive shakeup on the offensive and special teams side of things. If Shrader is our QB going forward, he and the OC have to see eye to eye and we need to develop a credible passing game. Not great, just credible.

I honestly think the biggest recruiting wins we may have this year are certain guys just coming back.

I dunno, even tho we had some great seasons since McNabb (‘01 and ‘18), plus a few solid ones with Marrone, it’s just been a long haul to be a fan.

I just want a 7 win regular season. That’s it. Call me a selfish fan, but that’s all I want.
24 years of losing, 5 bad coaching hires, I include Doug because he always was going to take the NFL job. 7 or 8 years of bad basketball.
The University isn't interested in being good in either sport anymore, they were forced to do something about lacrosse, because of the Scanlon situation.
No point in getting your hopes up about either program, it seems they want the ACC money, but don't care to compete.

anyone who went to the game noticed all the mistakes mr excitment was making on players from both sides?

O is a non-starter. Period.

Marrone has been wildly underwhelming with Bama’s OL which has some of the best raw talent there is and the guy didn’t enjoy recruiting pre portal.

The last few games were my final straw with Dino. Love the guy. I wanted him to succeed so much. Loved all the Ohana stuff, etc. If we replace him, it has to be with someone solid that can ensure some stability during the transition and can be a strong game day coach and solid recruiter. I get we aren’t going to start hauling in five stars.

If JW keeps Dino, there has to be a massive shakeup on the offensive and special teams side of things. If Shrader is our QB going forward, he and the OC have to see eye to eye and we need to develop a credible passing game. Not great, just credible.

I honestly think the biggest recruiting wins we may have this year are certain guys just coming back.

I dunno, even tho we had some great seasons since McNabb (‘01 and ‘18), plus a few solid ones with Marrone, it’s just been a long haul to be a fan.

I just want a 7 win regular season. That’s it. Call me a selfish fan, but that’s all I want.

It's quite difficult being an SU fan nowadays. Two of its (one time) renowned programs being what they are today.

Getting to 6-6 overall in football seemingly being the fully acceptable bar. And, in hoops, perennially landing in our middling conference position being the same.

I guess in the end, the results shouldn't really be that surprising. Generally, when one sets the bar at such a level, it doesn't inspire high achievement, not to mention, leaving very little wiggle room at all for success.

anyone who went to the game noticed all the mistakes mr excitment was making on players from both sides?
Great guy, great professor.

His PA work annoys. I have said this numerous times. He talks way too much and tries to make himself part of the show and it’s annoying.

If he just talked less he would be fine. Again great professor and representative of SU but not a good PA guy.

for all the doom and gloom.. trade the 2 Qbs last night and tell me that game isnt pretty even. Pitt has a dline and with ours hurt it showed in how many plays were blown up but the D was fine for most of the game. Need a QB really, dont even need one that can run. need one that can move around in the pocket and save a few plays but can throw enough to keep a D honest.
I would disagree with that. Save the 1st quarter where our O line opened some good running holes, I dont think Pickett behind our O line, with our trash recieving corps, and our play calling and game miss management gets it done. If that were the case Devito would have been our passer still. A mobile QB with this line is a must. And someone who can improv is equally important. Shrader was far from perfect but he was mobile enough and dropped enough dimes to show he wasnt really the issue last night.

Just wondering: Will Wildhack make any announcement concerning Babers? Or will he just proceed as if no announcement on status is necessary?

How many games do they win with a competent coach? I’d argue Clemson, FSU and Wake.
Maybe even Rutgers, who proved to be a tomato can.
I just don’t know how much more we need to see that tells us that Dino ain’t that guy, pal.

Hes bad as well. For one of the top communications schools and #1 sports media school we make baffling hires.
i was willing to give him a pass on our old uniforms but theres no excuse for missing so much with current

How many games do they win with a competent coach? I’d argue Clemson, FSU and Wake.
Maybe even Rutgers, who proved to be a tomato can.
I just don’t know how much more we need to see that tells us that Dino ain’t that guy, pal.
7-5 was our high water mark with the talent on the roster this year

Which could have been attained with a good coaching staff.
not sure as the margin of error was so small with our team because of a talent issue and even if the coaches put the players in a position to succeed they could fail too

not sure as the margin of error was so small with our team because of a talent issue and even if the coaches put the players in a position to succeed they could fail too

I think a competent coach has this team 7-5. Whose fault is it that they haven’t recruited better?

I would disagree with that. Save the 1st quarter where our O line opened some good running holes, I dont think Pickett behind our O line, with our trash recieving corps, and our play calling and game miss management gets it done. If that were the case Devito would have been our passer still. A mobile QB with this line is a must. And someone who can improv is equally important. Shrader was far from perfect but he was mobile enough and dropped enough dimes to show he wasnt really the issue last night.
Pickard saved 10+ plays with his feet.. shrader made a few but he also lost 4-5 because he didnt sense the rush or see it coming ahead of time. Still if the WR pass play works all it takes is the sloppy fumble and we are up 14+ late in the 2nd and not tied. we can throw a little if the other D plays a bit soft but when we had clear pass plays the 4 man rush killed us and then any other pressure we were dead..

Thank you for making us all dumber by copy and pasting a 2 month old article. Guy is 47 and had an emergency surgery. Guess we should just stick with Dino because of that and be careful and wish for some more of these belief without evidence non-bowl seasons.
You are welcome. Just wanted to be accurate. I went back and added Oct, and bolded the Emergency surgery and cheating for you.

He's supposed to be a brilliant offensive mind - it looks like it judging by his past with other schools.

You could hear him? That’s impressive in its self because I certainly can’t hear anything from my seats

Do you really think dino would have put devito in at any point of the last 3 games? I don’t. He was better gone

I think he plays against BC which is where Shrader really fell off. Dino did start him week 1.

I think next year we need a passing QB to beat out or split time with Shrader. You cant win with what we saw last few games.

I think he plays against BC which is where Shrader really fell off. Dino did start him week 1.

I think next year we need a passing QB to beat out or split time with Shrader. You cant win with what we saw last few games.

You think it’s just a coincidence that Shrader fell off after getting absolutely LEVELED at VT to win the game?

You think it’s just a coincidence that Shrader fell off after getting absolutely LEVELED at VT to win the game?
Has to be injury related. Some of the misses are by a mile.

Hard to see him holding up for a full season. Regardless I’d like to see him forced to beat out a better QB than Morgan to get the job next year.

Thank you for making us all dumber by copy and pasting a 2 month old article. Guy is 47 and had an emergency surgery. Guess we should just stick with Dino because of that and be careful and wish for some more of these belief without evidence non-bowl seasons.
You are welcome. I thought some including myself should know more about Moorehead. So yeah, I copy pasted the info - sorry you took offense. Moorehead from what I read is a great offensive mind - hope we can get him now that Gilbert's gone but think he may be too good for us.

Yes, except for spending $120,000,000 on the new Dome.

Yes changing the Dome roof at the end of it's life span and remodeming the Dome in earnest foe the first time ever is totally comparable to bringing back a coach well under .500 in year 6. Just stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom