"There's nothing happening in regard to Virginia Tech going anywhere": VT AD Weaver | Syracusefan.com

"There's nothing happening in regard to Virginia Tech going anywhere": VT AD Weaver

sufan

Scout Team
VT"s AD Jim Weaver: source David Teel twitter

"about SEC": "I just can't believe believe people are misrepresenting what I said"

"Weaver said no such thing. He said SEC might have potential interest in VT. Not vice-versa."

"There's nothing happening in regard to Virginia Tech going anywhere. I don't know how to say it any clearer than that"

and article: "Virginia Tech AD Weaver reaffirms commitment to ACC, dismisses SEC chatter"

“We’re not in discussions with anyone,” Weaver told me. “We’re always wanted to be in the Atlantic Coast Conference. We’re there, and we’re pleased to be there. …

It's kind of hard to reconcile that with his earlier comments that there may be potential interest in the SEC. I think now he's just trying to do damage control.

Not buying this one...as Teel points out, he wouldn't be so dumb as to announce his intentions while in negotiations.

"about SEC": "I just can't believe believe people are misrepresenting what I said"

"Weaver said no such thing. He said SEC might have potential interest in VT. Not vice-versa."

"There's nothing happening in regard to Virginia Tech going anywhere. I don't know how to say it any clearer than that"

and article: "Virginia Tech AD Weaver reaffirms commitment to ACC, dismisses SEC chatter"

“We’re not in discussions with anyone,” Weaver told me. “We’re always wanted to be in the Atlantic Coast Conference. We’re there, and we’re pleased to be there. …
Since VT left the Big East, I stopped following them but based on their record anyway, some things have changed.

They have become a mediocre football program.

Good to see some things about the Hokies remain the same. Their administration is still the scum of the earth. Weaver should resign after that idiotic comment. He is a disgrace to the ACC.

VT wants a southern football conference and with all the new big east teams joining I'm pretty sure they will want out.

Let's see, VATech loved the Big East and was never leaving. Check.
VATech is just keeping options open. Check.
VATech Loves the ACC and is never leaving. Check.
VATech is just keeping options open. Check.

Result: If VATech gets an offer, VATech has bags in hand.

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Nick Saban also said he would never leave the Miami Dolphins and then promptly took the Alabama job 12 seconds later.

These things always make me laugh, you are committed until your not committed.

I love my job. I am not actively entertaining offers. I am committed. But if a competing firm calls me tomorrow and says they will pay me 25% more to do the same work, I have to entertain it right? Id be stupid not to right?

Its all the same.

Nick Saban also said he would never leave the Miami Dolphins and then promptly took the Alabama job 12 seconds later.

Much easier to look like a genius when the playing field isnt level.

Since VT left the Big East, I stopped following them but based on their record anyway, some things have changed.

They have become a mediocre football program.

Good to see some things about the Hokies remain the same. Their administration is still the scum of the earth. Weaver should resign after that idiotic comment. He is a disgrace to the ACC.

Mediocre football program? Man, I would kill to be that mediocre. They've won 10 games almost every year since they left the Big East. They've got 5 ACC championships, I believe, and have made a bowl pretty much every year.

Bobby Petrino did the Falcons even worse...

ouch...no doubt. Then he ruined Arkansas football. Great guy!

well i should clarify. he along with mike vick were the worst (but also best) things to ever happen to the falcons.

No way the falcons turn out to be the classy, productive franchise it is now with those 2 still at the helm.

Mediocre football program? Man, I would kill to be that mediocre. They've won 10 games almost every year since they left the Big East. They've got 5 ACC championships, I believe, and have made a bowl pretty much every year.

Not to belittle the VPI accomplishments, but they did originate the Rutgers plan of improvement, that is to say, play lesser competition and scream how how great you are, while still losing to big boys. The Beamer plan is what forced the NCAA to impose the rule allowing only 1 FCS level game to count towards bowl eligibility. They won 5 ACC championships when FSU and Clemson were down, those are the breaks and they went VPI's way. The reality is that Beamer is old and the SEC is guaranteed money if they can get it. It's not as if VPI is a destination job, who will take the job and stay, like Beamer? Don't get me wrong, they will have decent teams, but their record is inflated and they still don't win big games.

joe-isuzu_100177622_m.jpg