Think anyone is calling our Coaches? | Syracusefan.com

Think anyone is calling our Coaches?

Shark58

BANNED
As the coaching carousel goes round, think any of our staff are getting shortlisted for jobs elsewhere?

I'd guess some of the D guys would be of interest. Bullough may even be "hot"

If they are, good for them. If they aren't, its kind of a major indictment. Is there anyone else heading west on the Thruway?

It's not an indictment if they aren't getting calls. Bullough and Daoust are doing great, but the only jobs they would get a call about are P5 programs decently better than ours with more money to offer in their same positions. Those are elite programs. This defense isn't so good that is going to happen. They aren't getting head coaching calls either. No chance. Ttue stars at coordinator positions, Chad Morris and Tom Herman got HC jobs at really bad non P5 teams. Those guys were making more than $1 million anyway and again were stars. Bob Diaco got a Uconn offer and made the mistake of taking it. Our guys aren't stars but are doing a good job.

It's not an indictment if they aren't getting calls. Bullough and Daoust are doing great, but the only jobs they would get a call about are P5 programs decently better than ours with more money to offer in their same positions. Those are elite programs. This defense isn't so good that is going to happen. They aren't getting head coaching calls either. No chance. Ttue stars at coordinator positions, Chad Morris and Tom Herman got HC jobs at really bad non P5 teams. Those guys were making more than $1 million anyway and again were stars. Bob Diaco got a Uconn offer and made the mistake of taking it. Our guys aren't stars but are doing a good job.

Coach Lea too - our LB's have been very good. I think McDonald will leave. I'd bet we have another guy make a lateral move.

Daoust is all in with SS.

Bullough has a good relationship there, but, has enough connections that doors are probably open for him. Whether or not he would choose to take them is probably only known to him.

I was expecting GM to go, and still do somewhat. There's alot of time for him to still make that move, but, everyday that passes is another day he's here to mend the wound. I hope he stays.

Lea has done a good job, he's tethered to Bullough. That's the connection. He's stated that he loves living here and the Fayetteville community, and that he's been fully absorbed into this staff. Other people in the college ranks know his name, another guy with opportunities I'm sure. But, I don't think he's the type of guy to move on just because it may be a step up the ladder. It would have to be the right situation.

Acosta could be a stud in the making. Obviously his recruiting connections are a huge plus. He's been a HC at the DIII level and has high school experience behind that. He's relatively green in terms of experience, but, recruiting prowess goes a long way in opening doors. There has to be some loyalty to HCSS because he took a shot on him when he was unknown. Gave him his first opportunity.

I think we will see some movement after NSD. Possibly 1 or 2.

I would guess Lester has been getting calls from life insurance salesmen...

I've heard we are most definitely going to be losing some coaches.

I've heard we are most definitely going to be losing some coaches.
Because we are asking them to move on? because they want out? Or because they are getting 'better' jobs

Have we or any one else gone a year without losing a coach? Doubtful

Seriously posts like that are stupid. Then if you do share something you have people questioning it.

True, but Jack could just say something like, "i know some people close to the program." If people don't believe him, that's there problem.

True, but Jack could just say something like, "i know some people close to the program." If people don't believe him, that's there problem.

I am pretty sure that most of us that have been on here a bit know that Jack's info is usually pretty darn good, I don't really need to know the source.

Is he supposed to say "I know some people as far from the program as you could get", I would kinda be shocked. Where else would the source be?

I am pretty sure that most of us that have been on here a bit know that Jack's info is usually pretty darn good, I don't really need to know the source.

Is he supposed to say "I know some people as far from the program as you could get", I would kinda be shocked. Where else would the source be?

I don't know man... It doesnt really make a difference to me one way or another. It's a forum on the internet, jackbauer44 could be Wolfgang Shafer as far as we know. I have no reason to doubt what he posts. I wasnt the one who asked him for a source.

However, anytime someone posts something that goes "i heard," someone will ask for a source. It's inevitable. I just offered a very vanilla way to respond, that's all.

Alright yall. I know people that may or may not be associated with syracuse football in either a distant or close capacity. They may or may not be under the impression that we could be losing multiple coaches over the next couple of months. Take it for face value though.

End.disclaimer. Believe what you would like.

Believe what you would like.

I never doubted you for a second JackBauer44.

tumblr_m22bvyIZS71qck5uno1_500.gif