This is what we are recruiting against | Syracusefan.com

This is what we are recruiting against

retro44

Living Legend
open up syracuse.

Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente’s contract is a 6-year deal with $3.2 million compensation in year one, per Andy Bitter. Fuente’s base salary remains the same ($500,000) through the life of the contract with supplemental pay going up to $3.15 million by 2021. The salary pool for his assistants will be $3.4 million.

open up syracuse.

Virginia Tech: Justin Fuente’s contract is a 6-year deal with $3.2 million compensation in year one, per Andy Bitter. Fuente’s base salary remains the same ($500,000) through the life of the contract with supplemental pay going up to $3.15 million by 2021. The salary pool for his assistants will be $3.4 million.
That's definitely the high end.

Fuente has proven success at another program. Frost has zero HC experience. His pay wont be as high (not at SU anyway).

I've been saying for some time that we need to be at $6 mil or higher for the salary budget. I know that is wishful thinking, but we will continue to be in the low-mid tier for compensation in the ACC alone.

We will see an increase this year, but I think it will be around $4.5-5 mil. A step in the right direction, but still a major work in progress.

Brutal part about being a private school.

VT: 60,800 average attendance x $350 per season ticket = $21,280,000

Drop in the bucket.

That's definitely the high end.
open up syracuse.

What amazes me - for some reason - is that the HC makes almost as much as every assistant combined.

If we want to be serious about this program, I hope our next HC has a contract of similar structure. Well done VT. (McNabb to Brominski Never Forget.)

image.jpg