This offseason has lasted forever | Syracusefan.com

This offseason has lasted forever

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
And still over 2 months till our first game. It hasn't helped that my baseball team from queens stinks again which has made the summer even longer. I guess this is what happens when you crash and burn in the 1st weekend of tourney ughhhhhhhh

Agreed. Nothing like checking back here hours from last check only to see that noone has posted anything.

Longing for the season to start. Football. Anything!

And still over 2 months till our first game. It hasn't helped that my baseball team from queens stinks again which has made the summer even longer. I guess this is what happens when you crash and burn in the 1st weekend of tourney ughhhhhhhh

This has been a tough off-season. I had very high hopes last season. As soon as we heard talks of lottery picks the season fell apart. I hope we don't repeat that again! I would prefer we peak at the end rather than the beginning! Two years ago the team was just amazing during the BE tournament. That was really fun!! The defense may have been the best I've seen.

This could very well be a long season, and I don't mean it to say a long tourney run, but a team that might not make the tourney. Our back court might not be very good, which would create a lot of problems.

This could very well be a long season, and I don't mean it to say a long tourney run, but a team that might not make the tourney. Our back court might not be very good, which would create a lot of problems.
I am football first so I can wait for the bball season to begin. That being said, my sentiments exactly. If things go as I suspect it could be ugly (or pretty quiet) around here come February. I hope I am wrong (and I am sure I will be reminded ;) ) but not feeling it for this years team.

Last edited:

The backcourt really does concern me.

We are going to be very good as per usual. Yes they will probably run up and down the court like crazy and bounce an oop or two into the stands every game for the first 3rd of the season but just look at the talent and skill set of each player. I think this team is more talented and skilled than last seasons squad, they need to come together and learn the defense but after that watch out.

Didn't the offseason begin sometime between regulation and overtime against Boston College? Or was it during the second half against Georgia Tech?

It's as long as any I can remember. And with football in two days, I'm not really wishing it away.

I feel your pain man, I am a lifelong met fan also.

The cure for the summer time blues:

orange.jpg

The cure for the summer time blues:

Ahhhh, that felt good. I haven't watched the whole game in a long time. The thing that comes to mind about this national championship team is there were so many great contributions by so many players. And leading up to this game lots of players made the difference in keeping the Orange in the tournament. But during the championship game Edelin was terrific! Pace made shots. Duany had a good game. Forth had several great plays on defense. McNeil played a great game. And of course Anthony, McNamara, and Warrick were just terrific!!! But what really hit me by watching this game was how great this team was a TEAM!!!

Eh, just let your discontent with the football team make time pass faster:

funny-sports-gifs-blitz.gif

Eh, just let your discontent with the football team make time pass faster:

I like our football team this year. I think they have chance for another bowl game. What I really like is the 2015 recruiting class. As it stands, and players don't change their commitment, the 2015 may be the best recruiting class ever.