This Team and the Polls | Syracusefan.com

This Team and the Polls

orange2win

2nd String
This team jumped from nowhere to be ranked for one week. If they do not make it back into the polls, they will tie for the second worst poll record in the JB era. The cellar belongs to the 81-82 squad, the only JB team never to be ranked.

With 2 McDAAs (the most ever on one team is 3) and the rest of the starters arriving as 4 Star prospects, they certainly have enough talent to bounce back in.

This team jumped from nowhere to be ranked for one week. If they do not make it back into the polls, they will tie for the second worst poll record in the JB era. The cellar belongs to the 81-82 squad, the only JB team never to be ranked.

With 2 McDAAs (the most ever on one team is 3) and the rest of the starters arriving as 4 Star prospects, they certainly have enough talent to bounce back in.

Very good individual players. But a flawed team.

Vulnerable underneath defensively and offensively. Far too dependent on (sporadic) outside shooting.

Reminds me of some of the better mid-majors we see at Tourney time and not of the more balanced teams in the top 15.

That's exactly how I see our team right now too... a mid-major squad capable of knocking off anyone but also a team that could lose to anyone as well. I still believe though that we have the talent and ability to become more consistent but it will require a concerted effort to get things inside more not just by driving but involving our bigs as well.

I think a huge key is getting something inside out of Roberson. Unfortunately, he has not developed as we hoped he would. Everything he does seems like it's very difficult for him. Nothing comes naturally. He's a very frustrating player to watch.

For me, the future of this team rests with Coleman. With DaJaun, and the two Tylers up front, we are at our best, with an effective inside game and high percentage shots. Less chucking and driving. Unfortunately, this in effect is Coleman's freshman year. He will develop rapidly if given the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom