This team needed Ron Thompson | Syracusefan.com

This team needed Ron Thompson

Both would have benefited from playing one more year. He was a difference maker

Great point. He would've commanded double teams and if not would've been potentially dominant.

Both would have benefited from playing one more year. He was a difference maker
I've been thinking the same thing. But who knows? We certainly would have benefited. But not sure about him. He's in the league so he accomplished what he set out to do. Now he gets to practice with the big boys.

(Unless he's been released. I haven't been following)

Great point. He would've commanded double teams and if not would've been potentially dominant.
And that's a huge misding ingredient from this year's squad. Pressure on the opposing qb. They just wait for the seas to part and waltz to the endzone.

(Unless he's been released. I haven't been following)[/QUOTE]
He was placed on IR then released 9/9 by the colts

And that's a huge misding ingredient from this year's squad. Pressure on the opposing qb. They just wait for the seas to part and waltz to the endzone.
Or just trot (they don't even run) to the outside, where an edge defender is nowhere to be found, and do the Heisman pose on their way into the end zone.

The one time an SU defender actually got in front of the opposing quarterback on this play, he was used like a track hurdle (ya know, thin light sleek umremarkable but tips over easily when touched and on a rare occasion hurts someone) in what is now a featured highlight on every freakin 20 second showcase of college football wonderment.

It would have been nice have Thompson but that said he had a lot of injury problems throughout his stay on the Hill and one more injury could have ended any type of dream of the NFL. Maybe this year off will get his body ready to compete in the NFL in the future.

Clearly nobody in the league needs him. He went undrafted and was released.

Last edited:
He made 2 plays a game and then vanished. Never saw the every play good let alone great out of him, and saying he would have helped our D this year is a little bit like saying a bucket would have been helpful on the Titanic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom