This team shows absolutely no emotion | Syracusefan.com

This team shows absolutely no emotion

Cuse_NYC

Starter
We come across as a team of quiet, nervous, very nice guys. I wouldn't mind seeing us talking after we hit a shot, slapping the floor on D, etc. Even last yr, Malachi had his 3 goggles, and TC and MG would show signs of life. Loved having someone with the swagger of Waiters. Other teams used to fear us, now not so much. We look like we don't care if win or lose. A little life please!!!

I could see that visibly in the Garden. The Yukon guys were scratching and clawing and you can see they were fighting for each other and supporting one another like a family. You could see their genuine emotion out there on the court. Our squad instead looked like it was just going through the motions. Optically there are chemistry issues -- does not seem to be a close knit squad to me at all. Maybe that should be expected with all the new parts.

Spot on.

I am not one of those guys who thinks emotion really plays a huge role, as plenty of teams/players do fine just keeping to themselves. However, it certainly helps to build up chemistry in my opinion. Have fun out there. It's a game after all. Only thing I really saw was Lydon after he hit that really long three (only basket?).

These were my thoughts as well. It stuck out during the UConn game very much in comparison to the huskies. For all the slack we give them, they recruit tough, scrappy kids every year (NYC anyone?)

Perfect example of this was when Frank leisurely reached down for a loose ball while a uconn guard (dont remember his name) dove out of nowhere to get it and call a TO.

These were my thoughts as well. It stuck out during the UConn game very much in comparison to the huskies. For all the slack we give them, they recruit tough, scrappy kids every year (NYC anyone?)

Perfect example of this was when Frank leisurely reached down for a loose ball while a uconn guard (dont remember his name) dove out of nowhere to get it and call a TO.

It was there Superbowl, they cared more. At least that's the latest excuse I've heard.

Yes, we need to recruit the ghettos a little harder. No killer instinct on this team.
upload_2016-12-7_20-20-37.jpeg

That play (or lack of) literally disgusted me.

Nobody gives a about something as subjective as players "showing emotion" until you lose a few games. Start winning again and no one is talking about it.

And of course the same UConn guards loafed after an inbound pass and Gillon beat them to the ball.

Most people can't distinguish between a fake news story and a real one, but everybody is a body language expert and armchair psychologist.

Its like thinking that the basketball bluebloods don't get 98% of the press and 50% of the population that follow them are called arrogant supremisists by the midmajors.
meanwhile espn lies, telling us only 2% support the bloobloods and we support that.

emotion goes either way
london-perrantes.jpg

image-13-e1459126124784.jpg

Its like thinking that the basketball bluebloods don't get 98% of the press and 50% of the population that follow them are called arrogant supremisists by the midmajors.
meanwhile espn lies, telling us only 2% support the bloobloods and we support that.

emotion goes either way
london-perrantes.jpg

image-13-e1459126124784.jpg
Huh?

We come across as a team of quiet, nervous, very nice guys. I wouldn't mind seeing us talking . . . . after we hit a shot, slapping the floor on D, etc. Even last yr, Malachi had his 3 goggles, and TC and MG would show signs of life. Loved having someone with the swagger of Waiters. Other teams used to fear us, now not so much. We look like we don't care if win or lose. A little life please!!!
Emotion?
This would be a different team if we had Rakeem "All Business" Christmas.

What we lack are leadership and chemistry.
(And guys who can penetrate a defense... and any offensive sets...but why bother with trivial details)?

This who this team is, personality wise at least. Look at least year - Frank was quiet, we know about Robey, Lydon is fairly quiet (most of the time), you can tell DC gets pumped up - but that is probably who they are as players. AW3 is always very business like so I don't expect an outward pour of emotion from him. Maybe a few guys will step out of our shell as we start winning, or maybe this is the personality of this team. It would be good to get a big time block, an emphatic dunk, an alley-oop, etc. to see the emotion come out.

There is no reason you CAN"T win without that outward show of emotion - but it just appears they don't care. They do care, in my opinon, I think this is still a matter of everyone trying to find their role still. I do think this team would be 7-1 with Mali+Kaleb and without AW3+Gillon. However, I think by March we will be much better off with AW3 and GIllon once the roles are settled.

Blast some Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith in the locker room before the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom