This upcoming season will come down to one thing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This upcoming season will come down to one thing

Very true, Dejaun needs to stay healthy. But imo the two biggest factors are rak taking his game to the next level, and how good Joseph can be.

I think you are giving t0o much credit to Ennis. I think Kaleb will be just as good as Ennis. Maybe even better on the fast breaks! The real void that needs to be filled is Grant and CJ leaving. In my mind, the season will depend on how well Chris Mac, Roberson, and BJ fill the void of CJ and Grant. Cooney will be Cooney. Rak will be Rak. G will be G. Obokoh will fill the roll of Keita.

Until I see one video or photo of Coleman playing this summer I am not convinced his knee injury is not career ending. Maybe he will play and that will be awesome. But JB's comment the other day about getting a fifth 2015 recruit seems to me to mean one of two things: Coleman's knee injury is career ending. Or Patterson is going to transfer. I think after Bryant's mother making the comment that Syracuse is Bryant's top school on his list seems to me to indicate Coleman is not going to play.

I think you are giving t0o much credit to Ennis. I think Kaleb will be just as good as Ennis. Maybe even better on the fast breaks! The real void that needs to be filled is Grant and CJ leaving. In my mind, the season will depend on how well Chris Mac, Roberson, and BJ fill the void of CJ and Grant. Cooney will be Cooney. Rak will be Rak. G will be G. Obokoh will fill the roll of Keita.

Until I see one video or photo of Coleman playing this summer I am not convinced his knee injury is not career ending. Maybe he will play and that will be awesome. But JB's comment the other day about getting a fifth 2015 recruit seems to me to mean one of two things: Coleman's knee injury is career ending. Or Patterson is going to transfer. I think after Bryant's mother making the comment that Syracuse is Bryant's top school on his list seems to me to indicate Coleman is not going to play.

I don't think you are giving Ennis enough credit, he had a really good year. It isn't easy taking over the pg position at a place like Syracuse.

I don't think you are giving Ennis enough credit, he had a really good year. It isn't easy taking over the pg position at a place like Syracuse.

I agree. Even if you weren't a big fan of his style - and I also prefer a quicker style, he still did a fantastic job as a freshman.

Yes, I'm not giving him as much credit as I am CJ and Grant. He was an okay PG. He was too slow on fast breaks. His other stats were just okay. I would rather have Scoop, Triche, MCW, or Waiters over Ennis any day. I'm just not that big of a fan of Ennis. He did an okay job. The Pittsburgh win was good. And he stepped it up when CJ was cold. But I thought he could have done a better job getting other players involved in the offense. I think maybe some of the lottery pick talk changed him.

I agree. Even if you weren't a big fan of his style - and I also prefer a quicker style, he still did a fantastic job as a freshman.

Well, we will have a great comparison when Kaleb starts playing. For now we will disagree.

Well, we will have a great comparison when Kaleb starts playing. For now we will disagree.

Oh I hope you're right. I'm not saying Kaleb won't be a good player. I hope he's awesome - whatever leads to more Syracuse wins is what I'm hoping for. I just think you underestimate what Ennis brought to the team because you aren't a big fan of his style.

CJ was the only real given last year lot of guys were asked to step up and make bigger contributions. I think JB did one his best coaching jobs last year to lose what we did off a final four team and still be consistently ranked in top 10 most of the year was a great accomplishment. Ennis was the perfect pg for that team that needed the calming influence that Ennis played with. I think Ennis played far above anything we could of hoped for from him.

If Ennis came back, he would have been the favorite to be 1st team AA at PG. Not possible to give him too much credit for last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom