This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go

Let's run with that for a moment. The 2017 recruiting class has safeties and CBs at the following heights: 6', 6' 1", 6' 3", 6' 2.5". I'd say HCDB agrees with you exactly. Help is on the way. Of course a class isn't a class until signing day.

Frankly, I was thrilled we were deep in ND territory down by only 6 points with 3 seconds left in the half. This team has improved tremendously, yet is still making lots of mistakes. That's good because it means we can still get better. Imagine if we'd played a perfect game and still lost by 17? I like where we're at so far.[/QU

I think you nailed it - help is on the way. How Babers ran off Shafer's recruits was very telling - as was the ability to rebuild the class so late in the process.

This is an excellent staff and we are fortunate to have them. We are going to play an exciting brand of football.

This offense only needs an average defense to go bowling every year. A little patience goes a long way here.

The 2017 recruiting class has safeties and CBs at the following heights: 6', 6' 1", 6' 3", 6' 2.5". I'd say HCDB agrees with you exactly. Help is on the way. Of course a class isn't a class until signing day.

Huh? I'm looking at the commit list. What are you looking at?

Huh? We are extremely small back there...and at the lb position. Our LB's were the size of ND's receivers...

We're not allowed to say anything that isn't all rainbows and unicorns when it comes to the defense. ND should have scored 70, but they dropped numerous passes. Our secondary needs help & hopefully we'll get it next year.

We're not allowed to say anything that isn't all rainbows and unicorns when it comes to the defense. ND should have scored 70, but they dropped numerous passes. Our secondary needs help & hopefully we'll get it next year.
What? Literally everyone on this board has said multiple negative things about this defense.

What? Literally everyone on this board has said multiple negative things about this defense.

No, everyone has not. Look at this thread and some people are talking up the defense. ND did anything they wanted all game. Defense was awful. We're undermanned on that side of the ball & it showed in a big way.

No, everyone has not. Look at this thread and some people are talking up the defense. ND did anything they wanted all game. Defense was awful. We're undermanned on that side of the ball & it showed in a big way.
I'm not talking about just this thread.

I'm not talking about just this thread.

I realize plenty of people have criticized them. But people defending their play today and saying they played well is incomprehensible to me. We gave up what..700 yards and were picked apart through the air, and generated basically no pass rush. I guess I'm just sick of the spin that is put on it.

The 2017 recruiting class has safeties and CBs at the following heights: 6', 6' 1", 6' 3", 6' 2.5". I'd say HCDB agrees with you exactly. Help is on the way. Of course a class isn't a class until signing day.

247sports SU commit list - Stritzinger, Coley, Trotter, and Melifonwu. Current national ranking of 42nd by the way.

It seems quite early to be calling for heads. Between dismissals, injuries, and poor recruiting in the past regime, the defense is thin and undersized. The plan for the season is hope the offense can overwhelm while the defense makes just enough stops to keep the opponent under 40.

There was some glimmer with a weak ND defense, but it was still an offense stacked with NFL players, and it showed.

Give the system time to work.

I realize plenty of people have criticized them. But people defending their play today and saying they played well is incomprehensible to me. We gave up what..700 yards and were picked apart through the air, and generated basically no pass rush. I guess I'm just sick of the spin that is put on it.
Season and a half.
Y'all are starting to pull a Shafer on Babers. I find this pathetic as hell. If y'all can't stick with it, then just say fck it and resign yourselves to mediocrity.

Eric Coley Fayetteville Manlius HS Manlius NY ATH 6-1 180 2 2017 Verbal Monroe
Dakota Davis Glenelg HS Glenelg MD OT 6-4 275 2 2017 Verbal
Patrick Davis Champlain Regional College Lennoxville Quebec OL 6-5 290 2017 Verbal
Tommy DeVito Don Bosco Prep Ramsey NJ QB 6-1 174 3 2017 Verbal Lewis
Nadarius Fagan Southridge HS Miami FL LB 6-2 200 3 2017 Verbal Monroe
Aaron Hackett Venice HS Venice FL TE 6-3 223 2 2017 Verbal Ferri
Curtis Harper McKeesport McKeesport PA DT 6-3 285 2 2017 Verbal Kaufman
Nykeim Johnson Friendship Academy Washington DC WR 5-9 170 3 2017 Verbal Hart
Sharod Johnson Booker T Washington Miami FL WR 5-11 170 2 2017 Verbal Monroe
Cameron Jordan Half Hollow Hills West Dix Hill NY WR 6-4 190 2 2017 Verbal Hart
Jonathan Kingsley Eastern Alamance Mebane NC DE 6-5 220 2017 Verbal
Ifeatu Melifonwu Grafton Memorial HS Grafton MA WR 6-1 180 2 2017 Verbal Hart
Zach Morton Cass Tech Detroit MI DE 6-4 225 2 2017 Verbal Reynolds
Josh Palmer St. Thomas Aquinas Fort Lauderdale FL WR 6-3 186 3 2017 Verbal Monroe
Tyrell Richards St. Roch Brampton Ontario LB 6-3 216 2017 Verbal Kaufman
Allen Stritzinger De La Salle Warren MI ATH 6-1 183 3 2017 Verbal Hart
Russell Thompson-Bishop Bloomfield HS Bloomfield CT WR 6-1 192 2 2017 Verbal
Kadeem Trotter McKinley HS Canton OH LB 6-2 205 3 2017 Verbal Kaufman

i am
I think we do need a new DC but dont fire him till after the season. We need more of an aggresive defensive scheme. Itd be a better compliment to our offese
i not up for firing anyone in the new futrure. i am interested to see if there is a change in the d scheme to better suit the talent we do have and st improvement. i am all for giving time and seeing how dino can recruit. i like his demeanor, and the fact that he is not panicking.

Season and a half.
Y'all are starting to pull a Shafer on Babers. I find this pathetic as hell. If y'all can't stick with it, then just say fck it and resign yourselves to mediocrity.

I have never said "fire" anyone or that I'm not sticking with it. I've been a fan for 25+ years now. Believe me, I'll stick with it. I'm just frustrated. It's been a long 15 years.

Its not all their fault. There is zero pressure up front. Yes, i get it , frosh bookends, then ok! Bring extra guys, go down fighting instead of passively getting torched!
Did you watch the game? We blitzed a fair amount where we brought more than the 4 down linemen.

The best coaches adjust to the talent given them. Ward is jamming t2 principles down the defenses throat not taking talent and injuries into consideration. So make the kids "learn" om the fly and blow up their confidence? Blitz more if you need to and again, nobody has answeredthe absence of the 2 safeties over the top. They arent missing tackles, they aren't even in the tv view. Its still corners on an island like previous years, just with the chance of front 7 pressure.
Because we don't always have 2 safeties over the top depending on what formation the offense lines up in. You cant have 2 safeties over the top when they run 4 receivers at you or 5.

And....we should have scored over 50, we dropped numerous passes too. Woulda shoulda coulda.

Let's beat the team's we expected to beat, and show good progress on offense. We shouldn't be disappointed with where we are at currently. This team is always exciting.

Name the teams. Don't see us favored at all this year.

No links to . . . allowed on this site SU commit list - Stritzinger, Coley, Trotter, and Melifonwu. Current national ranking of 42nd by the way.
Stritzinger was offered as a RB. That doesn't mean he would not be moved though he committed as a RB.

Did you watch the game? We blitzed a fair amount where we brought more than the 4 down linemen.
It was hard to tell we were blitzing and rarely had any pressure on the QB. Two year's ago our same under-sized defense was able to pressure their QB often. I know we still gave up a ton of yards then also (bubble screens killed us). That d seemed more experienced, so maybe the difference this year is youth? :noidea:

Name the teams. Don't see us favored at all this year.
Not about being favored. We should and expect to beat wake and bc. It's a toss up for nc state, though I believe we should beat them also. Hope for the best against virginia tech and pitt.

Our offense scored over 30 pts.
Which we knew going into the season would never be enough against good teams...Let's not backtrack on this. We were told and we accepted that there were not high expectations this year and that the defense would stuggle given the personnel and new system but that we would score points. It's happening EXACTLY the way most of us thought and how DB said it would. Now we have people that seem to think we SHOULD have performed well enough to get a bowl. Not what we were told but...pssst...we still could.

30 would have won more games with last years defense. Unfortunately 30 isn't enough with our new offense. Opposing offenses are going to get the ball back a lot more then if they were playing a slower offense.

That makes no sense. You are saying that we would have won more games last year with this offense but then you acknowledge that if we would have scored more points using this offense, we would also have given up more points. There is a definite disconnect there. It is more likely that we would have lost more games due to lengthening the games and there fore giving up more points, which our offense (in limited touches) would not have been able to make up.

That makes no sense. You are saying that we would have won more games last year with this offense but then you acknowledge that if we would have scored more points using this offense, we would also have given up more points. There is a definite disconnect there. It is more likely that we would have lost more games due to lengthening the games and there fore giving up more points, which our offense (in limited touches) would not have been able to make up.
No what I'm saying is with our offense 30 points isnt going to be enough to win games. More times then not we will be out scored if we only score 30. we left a lot of points out there yesterday.we look at 400 yard games like that's a huge number it isn't. the pace of the offense we will get the ball more and we need to move the ball. 3and outs are death punches

The best coaches adjust to the talent given them. Ward is jamming t2 principles down the defenses throat not taking talent and injuries into consideration. So make the kids "learn" om the fly and blow up their confidence? Blitz more if you need to and again, nobody has answeredthe absence of the 2 safeties over the top. They arent missing tackles, they aren't even in the tv view. Its still corners on an island like previous years, just with the chance of front 7 pressure.

You should know better than this. We are installing a system. You don't cheat what you are trying to do and sacrifice long term growth for short term success. If we did what you suggest, the guys next year would still not be all that familiar with the defense we want to run because they ran some kind of mutated version of it. Stay the path and stop crying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom