This would be problematic for league networks--especially B1G | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

This would be problematic for league networks--especially B1G

Millhouse said:
of course i did. the point is it's going to be a big hassle and cost just as much

For the same content. What if you decide as a family that Netfix and choice purchases from iTunes is enough? By breaking things into smaller chunks you're giving people what they really want: choice. This is the reality now. What happens when it's Netflix, HBOGo, and iTunes? Less customers for big cable bundles and more pressure on the current system.

Cable co's are aware of all this I'm sure. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

For the same content. What if you decide as a family that Netfix and choice purchases from iTunes is enough? By breaking things into smaller chunks you're giving people what they really want: choice. This is the reality now. What happens when it's Netflix, HBOGo, and iTunes? Less customers for big cable bundles and more pressure on the current system.

Cable co's are aware of all this I'm sure. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
buying a bigger bundle for the same price offers more people more choices about what to watch than ala carte pricing which is often set at what the most diehard customer will pay

cable companies have a choice about what to charge ala carte. content providers have a choice too. they don't have to make the shows in the first place that end up on netflix and itunes if they get paid less.

people can feel however they want. i think cable should be bundled with a mansion and a chef. these are my feeeeeelings. don't disregard my feeeelings

Millhouse said:
buying a bigger bundle for the same price offers more people more choices about what to watch than ala carte pricing which is often set at what the most diehard customer will pay cable companies have a choice about what to charge ala carte. content providers have a choice too. they don't have to make the shows in the first place that end up on netflix and itunes if they get paid less. people can feel however they want. i think cable should be bundled with a mansion and a chef. these are my feeeeeelings. don't disregard my feeeelings

I agree.

Doesn't matter.

i think cable should be bundled with a mansion and a chef. these are my feeeeeelings. don't disregard my feeeelings
You had me at "mansion and a chef". Which package is that part of?

At my house we could probably do with:
  1. Local channels
  2. ESPN package (including SECN, future ACCN, and all that's on ESPN3)
  3. Regional sports package
  4. Turner package (TNT, TBS, etc.)
  5. Discovery package
  6. Bravo
  7. ... and let me stream all of that to my devices

You had me at "mansion and a chef". Which package is that part of?

At my house we could probably do with:
  1. Local channels
  2. ESPN package (including SECN, future ACCN, and all that's on ESPN3)
  3. Regional sports package
  4. Turner package (TNT, TBS, etc.)
  5. Discovery package
  6. Bravo
  7. ... and let me stream all of that to my devices

That kind of tailoring would be attractive to many people. Shave a little off the overall bill, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom