Thomas Bryant Situation | Syracusefan.com

Thomas Bryant Situation

B

Brooky03

Terrible news about CMac, and some may think it's not the right time to bring this up, but it must be done.

So, we get 13 schollies to work with. We'll have 9 scholarship players returning next season, since CMac will obviously be back, and assuming no transfers. We have 4 recruits coming in which maxes us out.

Question: We badly need a Center with Coleman being injury prone and Chino being inexperienced and raw. So, how do we get Bryant? Or is it pretty much a done deal that he gone before ever being here?

I'm thinking a Chino transfer is our best shot. Thoughts?

Terrible news about CMac, and some may think it's not the right time to bring this up, but it must be done.

So, we get 13 schollies to work with. We'll have 9 scholarship players returning next season, since CMac will obviously be back, and assuming no transfers. We have 4 recruits coming in which maxes us out.

Question: We badly need a Center with Coleman being injury prone and Chino being inexperienced and raw. So, how do we get Bryant? Or is it pretty much a done deal that he gone before ever being here?

This was my first thought as well. My second thought is we need to really figure out if DC II is really ever going to be able to come back and play.

more likely one of our guards imho. i still think buss is the top candidate to leave.

more likely one of our guards imho. i still think buss is the top candidate to leave.

I really hope not. His shooting has been nothing short of abysmal, but I love his hustle and defense. And for whatever illogical reason, I think his shooting will greatly improve. He seems to have s smooth stroke. Hopefully he'll turn into G from behind the arc all of a sudden.

My money is on CMac leaving early or BJ transferring. I have zero knowledge of anything, but it's just my gut feeling.

Regarding Chino, while it's still possible, go to the recruiting board to see the response Francis posted to that idea. Chino and Bryant are former HS teammates and good friends. Don't see that being the solution.

Pray we don't have a tourney ban next year.

That would end it with Bryant.

Chino's ain't leavin
McCullough ain't leavin
Coleman ain't leavin

Give it up people. We might not get Bryant. We might get him. Either way were loaded next year. The Mike and Trevor show will be special.

The last time I made a post speculating on who might transfer, I got totally (and justafiably) smoked, and I promised myself that I would never make another transfer speculation post again.

That being said, we have been recruiting Bryant for years. It appears that he is close to the program. If he wants to come to the Cuse, a place will be found for him. The only way I can see us not having room would be if sanctions reduces our numbers of available scholies. It would be one thing to squeeze out one guy, it might be an entirely different thing to squeeze out two or more.

maybe he family qualifies for a full ride and he uses no scholie at all.

The last time I made a post speculating on who might transfer, I got totally (and justafiably) smoked, and I promised myself that I would never make another transfer speculation post again.

That being said, we have been recruiting Bryant for years. It appears that he is close to the program. If he wants to come to the Cuse, a place will be found for him. The only way I can see us not having room would be if sanctions reduces our numbers of available scholies. It would be one thing to squeeze out one guy, it might be an entirely different thing to squeeze out two or more.

How I understand it, schollie sanctions wouldn't apply until the 2016 season at the earliest.

Brooky03 said:
How I understand it, schollie sanctions wouldn't apply until the 2016 season at the earliest.

Exactly. They're not taking scholies away from this class.

Load up while we can.

djcon57 said:
I don't believe it's the given that CMc comes back that others do.

Everyone in creation is going to tell him to stay in school now.

Possibility he wouldn't even get drafted.

Honestly I think if Bryant wants to come here, then things work themselves out.

Maybe it's like UConn did it and Cooney gives up his scholarship next year...

Thinking it through - Jimmy has been saying various things about McC with the idea that he wanted him back. It appears that our recruitment of Bryant has not abated. Therefore, it follows, that Jimmy has a Plan B to free up a scholie for Thomas should he decide to commit to the Cuse. We can all go through the list of possible names, but I just don't see us telling Thomas that there is no room at the inn, particularly, if as mentioned above any prospective scholie sanctions won't take effect for another year.

djcon57 said:
Ok. None of that changes my opinion.

So where he is playing next year?

And I want to see him work out for the NBA in the spring after ACL surgery.

I like the outve the box thinking but Cooney gives up his scholly and pays $45k his senior year? Or does he just have to take like 6 credits to use the facilities?

I like the outve the box thinking but Cooney gives up his scholly and pays $45k his senior year? Or does he just have to take like 6 credits to use the facilities?

I didn't think about it, but Cooney's probably going to be graduating in the Summer. IDK if there's a minimum requirement for credit hours to be eligible to play, but that certainly makes paying his own way much more reasonable. Room and board could be killer, but I'd imagine he could find some accommodating roommates.

Last edited by a moderator:
djcon57 said:
D League. Again, I'm not saying he's definitely going. I saying comments like "CMac will obviously be back" are way premature.

Yeah, you never know.

But that would be a mistake of great proportions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom