Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

As far as Syracuse shot blockers my boy wanted me to remind you

Yeah, Etan was in a league of his own as a shot blocker at SU. I thought it unfair to Thomas Bryant to even offer him as a comparison:). Great video, fun to relive some of those cold hearted rejections!

Same. I was not that high on him 6 months ago. Does it look like his quickness has improved? Even shed some weight? Before I didn't think he could be a 4. Now maybe so. Like you, Francis, and others have said nastiness does count! We need some aggression from our bigs and team in general.

I was thinking the same thing watching that video. Its almost like his coordination while running has caught up to his body in the last 6 months. He even looked agile and clever on some of those drives. Very impressed with his mid/high post game. That jumper looked effortless in the vid and he seemed to take it whenever they gave him space plus he has the ability to pass or go bye your average big if they close. Remember he was kind of more of a stretch 4 perimeter player before hitting his last growth spurt and then bulking up. He may move even better by the time he makes it to a college campus.

Yeah, he looked a lot more agile than a year ago. Great sign, especially if we land this guy. I even think he gets off the ground better than last season. Still not crazy ups, but getting there.

6 months ago watching him run I thought I'd rather have Diange or Diallo. Now I really hope we land Bryant to go with Diange. Still geeked about getting Diange but I'm enamored with your descriptions of Bryant's play and that highpost game that this video shows.

6 months ago watching him run I thought I'd rather have Diange or Diallo. Now I really hope we land Bryant to go with Diange. Still geeked about getting Diange but I'm enamored with your descriptions of Bryant's play and that highpost game that this video shows.
Thanks my bro! And yeah, the kid has come a long way and that's truly impressive since he was promising to begin with.

When I watched Bryant last year I felt he was too perimeter oriented. He had moments of awkwardness then flashes of athleticism that was on par with John Wallace. It's clear he was getting used to the new weight and muscle. 85% ft percentage was huge in the tournament.

I think all signs are pointing to a TB commit to fill out the 2015 class, question is whether it will drag out so ESPNU can make a show of it on a slow day in November.

Good hands.
Seems more coordinated and moving better than in the past. He doesn't seem to be "sliding" as much now when running.
The form on those free-throws, and that jumper looks great.

Trueblue25 said:
I really wish i couldve been able to watch when wallace, thomas, owens, coleman and etc. played
You? You wouldn't have been able to live with the disappointments. Your head would've exploded

Not sure if it is allowed but can anyone copy the article talking about TB's elite camp experience? If not maybe a summarization? Thanks in advance!

Not sure if it is allowed but can anyone copy the article talking about TB's elite camp experience? If not maybe a summarization? Thanks in advance!
Talked about the commits such as Mali, Frank, and Tyler asking him what is he waiting for and to just commit already lol. He says that he still plans to take his time and a spring decision is currently targeted. Imo the Mizzou visit is what's going to be key here.

I think all signs are pointing to a TB commit to fill out the 2015 class, question is whether it will drag out so ESPNU can make a show of it on a slow day in November.
I think he's going to drag it out until spring. It's going to be a drag to have to wait that long but as long as he ends up Orange... it's not like he can suit up any quicker by committing earlier.

If he really sits down and thinks about it SU vs Missouri? I mean you can play in a crappy SEC or the ACC. I could on with comparisons but if Missouri gets him I will eat crow.

Talked about the commits such as Mali, Frank, and Tyler asking him what is he waiting for and to just commit already lol. He says that he still plans to take his time and a spring decision is currently targeted. Imo the Mizzou visit is what's going to be key here.

I think he has to wait until spring to see if a spot opens up for him. We still need someone to leave that isn't a senior in order to make room for him.

If he really sits down and thinks about it SU vs Missouri? I mean you can play in a crappy SEC or the ACC. I could on with comparisons but if Missouri gets him I will eat crow.

Mizzou just seems like a random choice.

I think he has to wait until spring to see if a spot opens up for him. We still need someone to leave that isn't a senior in order to make room for him.
JB et al know who is leaving, or who they will advise to leave. SU does not over offer. If JB has offered Bryant, which all indications are that he has, and Bryant has given a secret committment, which one would think he as from JB's comments, JB knows another spot is opening up, likely to be either CM's or TR's.

I think in the end he is ours but he can't commit to a scholarship that just isn't available yet. I agree that the spot will open and he will be wearing orange in the dome!!

This isn't rocket science. McCullough has been very clear on his intentions to only briefly visit the SU campus. Except in the case of an injury, He is going to get lots of PT, show case his skills, and follow the $$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom