Thompson might get more minutes than Chukwu | Syracusefan.com

Thompson might get more minutes than Chukwu

Alsacs

Living Legend
JB clearly had TT ahead of him in the rotation tonight.
I don't mind this one bit. TT looks good on offense and is scary active on defenses.
Chukwu needs to just get better in practice.
I like TT as the backup C behind Coleman.

Thompson was helped off the court to the locker room

It didn't look serious. I thought it was a rolled ankle. Hopefully that is all it is as he was a real factor tonight.
Looked pretty serious from here.

Definitely a left ankle roll/sprain, looking at super slow mo on TiVo. Would not think worst case by any stretch.

Is it me, or is Thompson better as a freshman than Christmas and Coleman were their first years?

Granted, Rak and Dajuan were in the difficult position of being subbed out after their first mistakes, but from what I remember, they didn't have the green light to shoot 15 footers or the ability to finish off the glass going left off the dribble.

Is it me, or is Thompson better as a freshman than Christmas and Coleman were their first years?

Granted, Rak and Dajuan were in the difficult position of being subbed out after their first mistakes, but from what I remember, they didn't have the green light to shoot 15 footers or the ability to finish off the glass going left off the dribble.
I don't think they had the green light, because they couldn't hit the shots TT hits.Hope he's good to go by next game. He's definitely more polished than I expected.

In the press conference, coach said Thompson played well on offense but was not complimentary of his defense at all.

JB clearly had TT ahead of him in the rotation tonight.
I don't mind this one bit. TT looks good on offense and is scary active on defenses.
Chukwu needs to just get better in practice.
I like TT as the backup C behind Coleman.
You may like him as the backup C but i dont believe TT played even 1 min at C tonite...?

Kid played for legendary high school coach Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's before heading off to prep -- he is fundamentally sound.

But I agree--he needs to get better defensively to earn big minutes. Hopefully, that will come.

Two and done and I'm OK with that.
I think Thompson is a 4 year player only because of his athleticism (or lack thereof). It's more than adequate for college, but I have serious doubts that he could ever be an adequate defender in the NBA.

I think Thompson is a 4 year player only because of his athleticism (or lack thereof). It's more than adequate for college, but I have serious doubts that he could ever be an adequate defender in the NBA.
And if he adds another 15 lbs of muscle to his frame? He definitely can get stronger and improve his D.

Kid played for legendary high school coach Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's before heading off to prep -- he is fundamentally sound.

But I agree--he needs to get better defensively to earn big minutes. Hopefully, that will come.

As I mentioned above, JB made that same point about his defense pretty clearly after the game. I love his potential though.

Agreed, and offensively it's not even close.

And if he adds another 15 lbs of muscle to his frame? He definitely can get stronger and improve his D.
I mean, I certainly hope so! But strength isn't what he lacks so much as mobility and quick ups.

I mean, I certainly hope so! But strength isn't what he lacks so much as mobility and quick ups.
We didnt have a single dunk tonite? Altho i missed first 2 baskets of second half...

To be quite honest, I think Thompson is better than Coleman now.

Hope he's ok, I know many are saying that it looked like it was just a rolled ankle, but he was spotted leaving on crutches . hopefully just precautionary .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom