Those crazy pollsters | Syracusefan.com

Those crazy pollsters

PoppyHart

All American
I know it sounds crazy, given the fact that they were #1 last week, but I would not sleep on Baylor.

After 1 (convincing) loss, on the road in Morgantown, they dropped to #6.

This is a team with wins over:
Oregon (then #4, now #11, by 17 points)
Louisville
Sparty (by 15 points)
Xavier (w/ Watson) by 15 pts
@ K State (by 9 pts)

Meanwhile, Kentucky (albeit an incredibly talented team) is ranked higher with wins over:
Sparty (by 21 pts) (N)
UNC

And losses to:
Louisville, and
UCLA

I think CBB should mimic football's approach to rankings beginning after Jan. 1, cuz some of this is just nuts.

I remember the days when Syracuse could start at #1, lose to North Carolina, and remain #1 the next week.

This new hyper-reactionary approach is idiotic. They aren't power rankings, they're polls. No need to move the top teams after a loss.

Brand matters. The pollsters are used to keeping certain schools at the top. UK won't be challenged again most likely until the Sweet 16 or maybe against South Carolina.

I've been talking up Baylor all season. Guess what? They play 2-3 zone as we all know. They have some real tough dudes inside though and don't let themselves get big-boyed inside. They outrebounded a good and physical Kansas State team on the road as well the other day. Maybe they go get the ball better.

I've been talking up Baylor all season. Guess what? They play 2-3 zone as we all know. They have some real tough dudes inside though and don't let themselves get big-boyed inside. They outrebounded a good and physical Kansas State team on the road as well the other day. Maybe they go get the ball better.
Don't they play a 1-3-1 or matchup zone of some sort?

Your rebounding part is spot on. It's all about toughness and attitude, rebounding out of a zone. They might be a little bigger than our guys, but our guys get abused on the glass.

I bet they teach boxing out at Baylor.:)

Don't they play a 1-3-1 or matchup zone of some sort?

Your rebounding part is spot on. It's all about toughness and attitude, rebounding out of a zone. They might be a little bigger than our guys, but our guys get abused on the glass.

I bet they teach boxing out at Baylor.:)

Not sure about the defensive alignment. Maybe it morphs more into what you say. They are bigger and more athletic. Impressive team. I picked them to go far last year and it burned me with Yale beating them. I'll likely still pick them to go far this year. They either get upset first round or go to regional finals the past six years or so.

If they weren't Baylor they would have been 2nd or 3rd, its absurd that losing to a top ten team on the road drops you 5 spots, esp with the wins that they have, I would put them 2nd.

wait, I thought it was impossible to rebound out of a zone. What is this blasphemy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom