Those who think that only the SU team has "drama" every year... | Syracusefan.com

Those who think that only the SU team has "drama" every year...

UConn, despite a surprising (to me, at least) year last year seems in a swift decline. Don't know what they have coming in so I may be wrong but in JC's last few years this stuff was happening a lot. Missing out on the ACC, the violations, the stupid behavior may be more than they can recover from. I like Ollie and hope he can lift the program but that appears to be one tough job. Even though SU has Hop they should learn from UConn's many miscues in their transition.

UConn, despite a surprising (to me, at least) year last year seems in a swift decline. Don't know what they have coming in so I may be wrong but in JC's last few years this stuff was happening a lot. Missing out on the ACC, the violations, the stupid behavior may be more than they can recover from. I like Ollie and hope he can lift the program but that appears to be one tough job. Even though SU has Hop they should learn from UConn's many miscues in their transition.

I think they've recruited well enough to prolong the slow decline.

But the decline is inevitable. They aren't playing in a major conference anymore, and the recruiting pull will tail off when they aren't able to offer the opportunity to play against high major opponents anymore.

They'll be umass in 5 years--book it.

...obviously don't pay attention to what goes on at other schools.

Earlier this summer, one of UConn's two big men left school to play in Germany. Today, the other one got an "indefinite suspension" for violating team rules.

It's not just SU, folks, this stuff happens all over.

https://twitter.com/AmoreCourant/status/377132997633261568

Eh, that's not really convincing as a 'it happens everywhere' argument.

UConn's national reputation definitely has the 'they have a lot more issues than most schools' stigma, so they're not exactly the type of school that I want to be lumped in with.

Every competitive D1 basketball program has its issues - not a single one is free from controversy year after year after year. But the big picture question is: IS there a sustainable pattern of issues over a longterm window (15+ years, say), relative to other programs that are consistent NCAA tourney level programs?

Mason

Every competitive D1 basketball program has its issues - not a single one is free from controversy year after year after year. But the big picture question is: IS there a sustainable pattern of issues over a longterm window (15+ years, say), relative to other programs that are consistent NCAA tourney level programs?

Mason

Not sure how one could measure this. No question every school has issues. Athletes are no different than non-athletes and you can't expect them to be squeaky clean, however where do you draw the line.

Arrests-definitely can get measured.

Academic issues-only suspensions could be measured. 90% of kids could be on academic probation and one class away from failing out at one school vs 0% at another school, but how would someone know that.

Incidents that happen but no arrests are made: Bar fights would be a big one. In some instances one might get arrested but other times the police will disperse the crowd. Sometimes it all depends on the cop on the scene. I knew someone who threw a lighted roll of toilet paper out of a 9th floor window and landed on his RA, who's hair caught on fire. The kid didn't get arrested but he got kicked out of the dorm. What if a basketball player did the same thing.

I bet if you just looked at arrests over the last 15 years then some schools would stick out like a sore thumb, but if you take "everything" into account, most schools would be more towards the norm.

I know they have a Hamilton either a SG or SF that is a 5 star player. Can't think of the other(s) they have. But they still have a good team.
Add in a K. Fancy, who is either a pg or a pf.
With that said, .

I know they have a Hamilton either a SG or SF that is a 5 star player. Can't think of the other(s) they have. But they still have a good team.
Add in a K. Fancy, who is either a pg or a pf.
With that said, .
I'm pretty sure facet is facing eligibility issues. They have inarticulate calhoun, bass and boatwright. Pretty solid 1-3 lineup with Hamilton playing the 2 and 3. Their frontcourt is pure anus.

I'm pretty sure facet is facing eligibility issues. They have inarticulate calhoun, bass and boatwright. Pretty solid 1-3 lineup with Hamilton playing the 2 and 3. Their frontcourt is pure anus.
Holy crap. My auto correct is insannnee. I hate this phone I really wish aj price and marcus williams would steal it.