Thread on ACC Tourney seeds | Syracusefan.com

Thread on ACC Tourney seeds

20Plus

Let me start by asking about Syracuse

If we beat Florida State

AND Pittsburgh loses to Georgia Tech
AND Miami BeatsVirginia Tech (Actually we don't even need Virginia Tech to lose again ?)

Isn't then safe to assume that we are out of the 8/9 game and can we can do no worse than seventh ????

And some order you'll have Miami Virginia North Carolina Duke Notre Dame and then maybe Clemson would be the only teams ahead of us ?

I think if we win and either Pitt or Clemson lose, we are the #7. If we win and they both lose, we are the #6.

Pitt is at GT on Saturday. GT has been playing well and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won

Let me start by asking about Syracuse

If we beat Florida State

AND Pittsburgh loses to Georgia Tech
AND Miami BeatsVirginia Tech (Actually we don't even need Virginia Tech to lose again ?)

Isn't then safe to assume that we are out of the 8/9 game and can we can do no worse than seventh ????

And some order you'll have Miami Virginia North Carolina Duke Notre Dame and then maybe Clemson would be the only teams ahead of us ?
If we beat FSU and Pitt and VT lose, we can do no worse than 7. If BC beats Clemson in that scenario, we would be 6. If NC State beats ND in that scenario we'd be 5.

Win and GT or BC wins will be the 7th seed.
Win and GT/BC both win will be the 6th seed.
Win and GT/BC/NCSU win will be the 5th seed.
Lose we will be in the 8-9 game
That's it.

The only way we avoid the 8/9 game is if we win on Sat. If we do that, we are most likely in the dance anyway.
Yeah, that's all I care about at this point.

as long as we beat florida st i dont really care who we play on wednesday. for selfish reasons i hope we avoid the noon game but as far as who we play i dont really care. even if we play pitt we're due to beat them

Just win... All I care about. Win and we are in! If not, We have to sweat bullets all next week... This will be a very close game. We played as well as we have in a long while when we won at the dome

Id really like to avoid the 8/9 game.

Yeah, not to mention that with only 7 ACC teams projected to make the tourney, playing in that 8/9 game is dicey to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom