Three votes for Hackett | Syracusefan.com

Three votes for Hackett

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Two distinguised members of the board and I have placed our votes for Nathaniel Hackett to be the next SUHC if the TGD & TBOT can't make HCDM SU's coach for life.

I'd take shafer. Not interested in a Hackett experiment.

Two distinguised members of the board and I have placed our votes for Nathaniel Hackett for the next SUHC if the TGD & TBOT can't make HCDM SU's coach for life.

Two distinguised members of the board and I have placed our votes for Nathaniel Hackett for the next SUHC if the TGD & TBOT can't make HCDM SU's coach for life.

Any move like that needs to include the term "Interim" in the title.

I'd take shafer. Not interested in a Hackett experiment.
We based our decision on the offense that Hackett has implemented and the offense we had to endure prior to his hire. He would also be able to hold together the most important recruits in this class, that being Allen & Wilson.

And I think it is safe to assume they can't make him coach for life since he just accepted another offer.

Two distinguised members of the board and I have placed our votes for Nathaniel Hackett to be the next SUHC if the TGD & TBOT can't make HCDM SU's coach for life.

And I think it is safe to assume they can't make him coach for life since he just accepted another offer.
The Bills have yet to make an announcement so until it's official I stand by my proviso

bigger question is who is leaving, if Hack goes with DM Shaf is the head coach i think.. If Shaf goes not sure Hack is he HC with is lack of Experience in coaching. and how many we have to replace is till huge even if either stays on.

Placed your votes with whom?
Each other in a conversation as fans. We think it would be the best move because of the timing if Marrone to Buffalo becomes official.

bigger question is who is leaving, if Hack goes with DM Shaf is the head coach i think.. If Shaf goes not sure Hack is he HC with is lack of Experience in coaching. and how many we have to replace is till huge even if either stays on.
Alot of speculation that Marrone will bring in Saints OC Carmichael.

I'd be ok with either Hack or Shafer getting the job. There aren't many coaching candidates out there that excite me.

How do you figure
Young, charismatic, high energy. Doug couldn't say "This is my offense that put up 500yds/game." But Hackett can. Hey, you never know.

I'm not excited about having someone with such relative inexperience take over managing an entire program.

Hackett definitely is an up and comer who opened eyes this year, and I feel like a lot of the frustration aimed at him the past two years was unwarranted. And I think he clearly looks like someone with a bright future as a football coach.

But after the disastrous GRob years, I don't want someone at the helm who hasn't proven that they have the chops to run a program, or needs to learn on the job. That's a recipe for disaster entering a new conference.

Hackett would make more money as a HC here than he would as a coordinator. The chance to become a HC is very rare.

make the Old timer the coach, he has a couple years left. not sure shaf or hack are long timers here anyway. maybe they stay to finish the job if you bump up both with money.

I want a HC that can:

Lead, gameday strong/not one dimensional, teach, recruit, evaluate and is a good salesmen. I don't know enough about any coaches to be able to determine that.

I want a HC that can:

Lead, gameday strong/not one dimensional, teach, recruit, evaluate and is a good salesmen. I don't know enough about any coaches to be able to determine that.
I'll make it simple. I want a head coach who can win. 10 Games a year win. Championships win. Bowl games win.

This isn't 10-37. I'll take the Mac to Pasqualoni torch right now. So I don't think going from 8 wins a year to 10 is too much to ask. At least I hope not.

Young, charismatic, high energy. Doug couldn't say "This is my offense that put up 500yds/game." But Hackett can. Hey, you never know.

Oh that's bs cause it Marrone offense and Marrones game planning. Hackett called play. Hackett can take credit for the other stuff but the truth is...

Anyhow hacks gonna follow Marrone IMHO. I say promote Schaf which would keep Morrison and daoust.

I'll make it simple. I want a head coach who can win. 10 Games a year win. Championships win. Bowl games win.

This isn't 10-37. I'll take the Mac to Pasqualoni torch right now. So I don't think going from 8 wins a year to 10 is too much to ask. At least I hope not.

It's not that easy just saying hey win games, they all want to do that. You have to know what criteria you have first before looking and see what is available. Somebody that can win with limited resources and a 70% full stadium and find a way to make it seem ok to recruits. .

Would Schaf, Morrison and daoust stay and work for Drobinson? Is he even HC material?

Hackett is young and relatively inexperienced (he was basically a 3rd level assistant coach in the NFL up until 3 years ago). But I think there is some amazing upside with him. He was going to go to med school before the football bug got him. So he's fairly bright. He had the balls and foresight to change the entire offense right before the season started, and it really worked out after taking some lumps in the first 5 or 6 games.

I'd be willing to give him a shot. At 34 years old, it's the age that several recent NFL coaches have been given HC jobs. Of course very few of them have succeeded (Tomlin's the only one, really). It might actually be easier for a 34 year old first time HC to succeed at college than the NFL.

I view Hackett as Lane Kiffen 2.0 (upgraded model). Similar background in both experience and family. However, Hackett is clearly smarter than Kiffen. He's like Kiffen with a 40 point higher IQ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom