Throw the damn ball in the air! | Syracusefan.com

Throw the damn ball in the air!

Name calling and online-pissing-contest aside...

I really can't wait for this game to begin. I cannot ever remember 5 days taking soooooo long. Win or lose (hopefully win :)) this game should be a throwback game of sorts: high quality, uptempo basketball.

I also believe that this game will determine whether this team is remembered as a special team or just another one of our good teams. Because to me special is more than just having a gaudy record like last years team or the 2010 team.

To me special is not folding after a horrific end to our regular season. Special is beating our nemesis Pitt in the Final big East tournament. Special is giving it everything they had to get revenge on rival Georgetown. Special is Baye Moussa Keita channeling his inner Rick Barry at the free throw line. Special is yelling "no no no...yes" as James goes on a 3 point barrage. Special is that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach after James makes his first heave from 25 feet out, knowing that the opponent will be in for a long game. Special is watching a four year starter become the winningest player in team history. Special is watching a coach, who hasn't missed a beat, in the twilight of his career.

And honestly, will there be anything more special than getting revenge on those Hoosiers? Perhaps the only thing more special would be for Brandon Triche to sink a game winner in the waning seconds of the game.

We are gonna be in for a ride tomorrow night people. At this point we all might as well just sit back and enjoy it.

I really can't wait for this game to begin. I cannot ever remember 5 days taking soooooo long. Win or lose (hopefully win :)) this game should be a throwback game of sorts: high quality, uptempo basketball.

I also believe that this game will determine whether this team is remembered as a special team or just another one of our good teams. Because to me special is more than just having a gaudy record like last years team or the 2010 team.

To me special is not folding after a horrific end to our regular season. Special is beating our nemesis Pitt in the Final big East tournament. Special is giving it everything they had to get revenge on rival Georgetown. Special is Baye Moussa Keita channeling his inner Rick Barry at the free throw line. Special is yelling "no no no...yes" as James goes on a 3 point barrage. Special is that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach after James makes his first heave from 25 feet out, knowing that the opponent will be in for a long game. Special is watching a four year starter become the winningest player in team history. Special is watching a coach, who hasn't missed a beat, in the twilight of his career.

And honestly, will there be anything more special than getting revenge on those Hoosiers? Perhaps the only thing more special would be for Brandon Triche to sink a game winner in the waning seconds of the game.

We are gonna be in for a ride tomorrow night people. At this point we all might as well just sit back and enjoy it.

Great post. This week is also dragging for me.

F*** Indiana.

S*** school in a s*** state.

The state part is accurate not the school part, unfortunately. Very good school and nice college town.

The state part is accurate not the school part, unfortunately. Very good school and nice college town.

Thankfully, Nebraska displaced Indiana's perennial place as the lowest ranked school in the Big Ten.

last night of the NIT to get me through until tomorrow.

Aside...?
Isnt it supposed to be front and center?

Throw the damn ball in the air!

Well Said Sir, Well Said!

I'm outta here - gonna go get some mixers and prepare for a glorious night!

See you all tomorrow.

Go Orange
SUball

The great thing about making the sweet 16 is the week of anticipation and hype leading up to the sweet 16 game. It's special.

This game is gonna go either of two ways...

Are we gonna see the Cuse team that pounded Arkansas, beat Louisville at home, that gave us #1 hopes, that "looks" taller and better at the guard positions?

Or, are we gonna see the Cuse team that has, honestly, won ugly, even in 47 point blowouts?

That has this neat karma thing going with Brandon Triche? Does he exercise his inner Howard? Scoring 15+, and if so, is that enough to eek out a 4 point dogfight win? Or, does he get frustrated by the more aggressive and hustly Indiana guards?, and have 5+ TOs in a 14 point blowout?

Fair, MCW, Southy, Triche, Christmas, and Keita. No doubt, these guys write the tale tonight. But then there's Cooney and Coleman. Little chance Coleman plays, but if Christmas and Keita get rocked early, does JB go with the big man?

No doubt, come tipoff, we'll all be cueing Eminem, and "snapping back to reality". Hopefully it won't be a "oops, there goes gravity".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom