Time for Scott to go | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Time for Scott to go

I truly can't stand to listen to this garbage, where in my opinion so many have no insight. Trust This coach will overcome this and Coyle knows what he is dealing with. He will have an extension. How does that make you feel. Well it makes those who know feel tremendously well. He just needs to keep the outsiders just that, out.

You call my post garbage and you follow up with that? LOL

What alternate universe are you from?

And if the thought of giving him an extension has even crossed Coyle's mind then he needs to go to.

I appreciate what you are trying to say, but the kids aren't choosing to live in Tipp Hill or Cicero. They are choosing a football program and a university.

Can you explain to me what he's trying to say? I don't get it. Is he suggesting that all our discussions here are pointless since we can only get second rate coaches and second rate players? Does he want us to give up the football program?

Then the administration best not cry when there are 15,000 bodies in the Dome against BC and probably about that many in next year's opener. Until the team starts winning, the fan base will stay away regardless of what Coyle does for outreach.

Coyle wouldn't be able to pay people to go to the game's. Hell people don't even go for free right now.

Its time to take the preseason depth chart, and burn it, Cornelius, and Avant shouldn't play another down. We are through 8 games, and the 2 of them have 7 catches combined. There is no way that Lester can think that is acceptable. The only DB that has shown he should play is Cordy, the rest miss tackles, and are continually out of position. Ellison on special teams has people try to run away from him, get him on the field, he makes things happen. Brisly is a good return man, but the only thing he brings as a WR is speed. He doesn't run good routes, and as the play by play guy said he quits on plays.

I saw Ellison play in high school. Kid is a talented playmaker. With our shiteshow of a secondary, how he hasn't found the field on defense is mind boggling.

Who would predict 4 head coaches in what 12 seasons after pasqualoni left? We are just as guilty as the coaches if it happens. Its our job as fans to get the ship steered right, if we are going to judge them. Maybe a word of advice from a old coach, NFL player or two.

If we were going to go that way head coaches should get a 5 year contract maybe, with the only exception being not being able to keep his players in line.

Got to say Shafer and Marrone have got class kids for the most part and kept them in line on and off the field.

I suggest this guy for football chairman. He has the balls to take care of stuff.
Who would predict 4 head coaches in what 12 seasons after pasqualoni left? We are just as guilty as the coaches if it happens. Its our job as fans to get the ship steered right, if we are going to judge them. Maybe a word of advice from a old coach, NFL player or two.

If we were going to go that way head coaches should get a 5 year contract maybe, with the only exception being not being able to keep his players in line.

Got to say Shafer and Marrone have got class kids for the most part and kept them in line on and off the field.

I suggest this guy for football chairman. He has the balls to take care of stuff.

christie-gop-forum.jpg

Huh? He's got his own mess to clean up down the road at New Brunswick, which by extension, he's responsible for.

I truly can't stand to listen to this garbage, where in my opinion so many have no insight. Trust This coach will overcome this and Coyle knows what he is dealing with. He will have an extension. How does that make you feel. Well it makes those who know feel tremendously well. He just needs to keep the outsiders just that, out.

Between the condescension and the terrible writing, I'm not sure if you really expect to be taken seriously.

Besides the fact of Shafer not learning from his end of half mismanagement from last game, what scares me most is that this recruiting class closes badly with the Shafer rumors and then we have a terrible next class when he's a lame duck. That's what happened when we brought G-Rob back for a 4th year.

I saw Ellison play in high school. Kid is a talented playmaker. With our shiteshow of a secondary, how he hasn't found the field on defense is mind boggling.

Thank god we're wasting his shirt just for special teams.

Seriously redshirt management has been terrible.

Can you explain to me what he's trying to say? I don't get it. Is he suggesting that all our discussions here are pointless since we can only get second rate coaches and second rate players? Does he want us to give up the football program?

I guess the most basic point I "appreciate" from his post is that Syracuse is not sexy destination, speaking strictly from a geographic perspective. That's true. But I don't agree at all that we can't compete with Miami and Georgia Tech simply because we dont have the beach or a big metro city.

The best liberal arts college in the Country is Williams. Anyone ever been there? Small town. Nothing to do locally. No easy way to travel there. Not particularly a great looking campus, classically speaking. Yet kids from all over the World apply and covet to go to school there, when they could just as easily get into Pomona in suburban LA (great weather), or Davidson (Charlotte metro area). Why is that?

Geography may be a factor, but its not something that can't be overcome.

To me, a bigger factor is SU's fall in academic status. I get it that most of these kids playing college football are not on their way to being Rhodes Scholars, but when the most talented go to factories to take "History of TV" and "turf management," its nice to attract the upper tier brighter kids (you know the ones winning at Stanford and Northwestern and now heading to Duke as well." Academics used to be a recruiting tool. Now we are well behind schools like BC, UNC and Georgia Tech, and can't even claim any high ground over schools like PSU, Rutgers, UCONN, etc.

i have been a hcss supporter.i will wait til the end of the year to decide if he deserves my continued support. what is most disturbing to me is he appeared to take a step backward in his game day coaching decisions. he needs a time out class. i don't fault the squib kick call as norton just blew it. the clock management is horrible. i want to see how the team resonds if they quit on him, then he has to go ---i am not disappointed in lester, except with his lack of use of strickland. i am hopeful for the offense, but the defense is abysmal. how did we get such a bad secondary???i dunno, some other poster said hcss has hit his ceiling, he may be right. i am pulling for him though, but it is hard.

If they're doing a major renov of the Dome and available seating is going to shrink over the next three years anyway, Coyle may just decide to keep him through the end of his contract next year, then replace him. You bring in a new guy who will likely struggle righting the ship the following two years anyway but you've adjusted for the attendance drops with the ongoing construction. When the project's done, hopefully, you have a program on the rise and demand for seating on the uptick.

I've said before but with all of the head coaching changes happening this year, this is a bad time to be replacing your coach. Lots and lots of competition for a relatively small pool of top talent.

Beat Lville and this all dies down, easier said the. Done but that's the goal and everything he should be thinking about

Besides the fact of Shafer not learning from his end of half mismanagement from last game, what scares me most is that this recruiting class closes badly with the Shafer rumors and then we have a terrible next class when he's a lame duck. That's what happened when we brought G-Rob back for a 4th year.
Cuse needs a seasoned, knowledgeable head coach and who cares what the recruits will say. Usually 90% stay wilth the new HC, example Pitt, and good coaches and their staff usually open new doors for better recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom