Time Warner Cable To Carry SEC Network As Of Aug. 14 Launch | Syracusefan.com

Time Warner Cable To Carry SEC Network As Of Aug. 14 Launch

The fact that the SEC network is being carried nationwide bodes well for the ACC Network. Obviously it won't be as lucrative but working with ESPN like the SEC has will really help distribution.

http://www.twcableuntangled.com/2014/07/we-have-an-agreement-to-carry-the-sec-network/

Good news for college football fans: We have reached an agreement with ESPN to carry the SEC Network on Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks when the channel launches on August 14. The network specializes in Southeastern Conference teams. It will be available to all customers who subscribe to TWC Digital Basic and Standard TV, with a digital box or digital adapter.

It's got to burn the B1G people that the SEC Net is available on Digital Basic while the BTN is only available on the $8.99/month Sports Pass in Upstate NY.

http://www.twcableuntangled.com/2014/07/we-have-an-agreement-to-carry-the-sec-network/

Good news for college football fans: We have reached an agreement with ESPN to carry the SEC Network on Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks when the channel launches on August 14. The network specializes in Southeastern Conference teams. It will be available to all customers who subscribe to TWC Digital Basic and Standard TV, with a digital box or digital adapter.

It's got to burn the B1G people that the SEC Net is available on Digital Basic while the BTN is only available on the $8.99/month Sports Pass in Upstate NY.

I noticed that also. I have to pay for the extra sports package here in Kansas also - which isn't Big Ten country, but fairly close.

with our footprint we wouldn't have to charge over $1 per subscriber in market with our basketball,baseball and lacrosse we should be able to get 35-40 cents per sub out of acc territory

Sorry, but this is B.S. It should be on the extra sports package, not on the basic package. I have absolutely no interest in watching it unless SU is playing on it.

Sorry, but this is B.S. It should be on the extra sports package, not on the basic package. I have absolutely no interest in watching it unless SU is playing on it.

its only 25 cents no big deal

its only 25 cents no big deal
who says its only 25 cents? thats just the cost to the cable company doesnt mean thats all the rate will go up. if its in that package it will be added to other things and go up even more.

who says its only 25 cents? thats just the cost to the cable company doesnt mean thats all the rate will go up. if its in that package it will be added to other things and go up even more.

yes but it won't be just sec network channel causing the increase

What's the chances of DirectTV, or VerizonFios making a deal with ESPN? I would gladly trade the BIG network for the SEC. Between the 2 providers that's close to 30million boxes the SEC Network is not on.

What's the chances of DirectTV, or VerizonFios making a deal with ESPN? I would gladly trade the BIG network for the SEC. Between the 2 providers that's close to 30million boxes the SEC Network is not on.

I agree. Verizon FIOS can keep their B1G Network. Just give me the SEC Network.

they both will likely pick it up soon