TJ Wheatley | Syracusefan.com

TJ Wheatley

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10358258-standard.jpg

Class of 2015 prospect and son of SU running back coach Ty Wheatley is a student at Fayetteville Manlius. He played football in the fall and is now one of the stars for the FM Hornets undefeated basketball team. A friend went to the game last night and said the team is very well coached and TJ is not only a very good player but also a very nice young man.

20111208-142251-001_medium.jpeg

TJ had eight points and nine rebounds in the 64-61 victory

Game Story

sit behind Wheatleys family at home games- great kids, wife is a very nice lady as well. Good familiy. Most times, the entire family is there

sit behind Wheatleys family at home games- great kids, wife is a very nice lady as well. Good familiy. Most times, the entire family is there
Oh, God...do you wear a muzzle? :)

He looks pretty tall

I'm laughing just thinking of things that he's about to yell and then checks himself.

WATCHED THE FIRST HALF, CNS STARTED 5 SENIORS AND FM STARTED 2 FRESHMAN AND A SOPHMORE. TJ HAS IMPROVED A GREAT DEAL FROM 8TH GRADE TO 9TH GRADE. ALSO HE APPEARS MUCH STRONGER.

10358258-standard.jpg

Class of 2015 prospect and son of SU running back coach Ty Wheatley is a student at Fayetteville Manlius. He played football in the fall and is now one of the stars for the FM Hornets undefeated basketball team. A friend went to the game last night and said the team is very well coached and TJ is not only a very good player but also a very nice young man.

20111208-142251-001_medium.jpeg

TJ had eight points and nine rebounds in the 64-61 victory

Game Story
Looks like the FM guy (#11) is cheating. No surprise. :)
I always kid my cousins that the FM mascot is really a WASP, not a hornet. Drives them nuts.

Just out of curiosity, how did he end up at FM? For some reason I just assume anyone associated with SU is going to send their kids to JD or CBA.

Offered by Alabama. Woah.

Is he really that good? He never really stood out on the football field at FM the way you'd expect a kid would he was Bama good.

IB - Are you an FM guy?

Me - Class of '77.

FM and CBA both seem like schools that were not very good in most sports until the mid 90's as I recall.
FM was always good in lax and soccer from my memory.
CBA was division Z in everything until recently. football- terrible, lax- terrible, hockey- terrible, baseball-terrible, soccer- decent.
Now they both seem to be doing quite well, the reverse of RFA.

FM and CBA both seem like schools that were not very good in most sports until the mid 90's as I recall.
CBA was division Z in everything until recently. football- terrible, lax- terrible, hockey- terrible, baseball-terrible, soccer- decent.
Ouch, my Black Knights have fallen.

Ouch, my Black Knights have fallen.
Seems that once the base in Rome closed the athletics began to decline. (obvious reasons)
I remember back in the 70-80's they dominated in just about everything.
Doesn't seem to be the case over the last 20.

...and only a freshman, wow! There is one of our next great TEs. ;)
At some point the family is bound to move to western NY and then he'll be a star at Orchard Park HS. I hope he'll hold fond memories of central NY and want to return to SU.

Seems that once the base in Rome closed the athletics began to decline. (obvious reasons)
I remember back in the 70-80's they dominated in just about everything.
Doesn't seem to be the case over the last 20.

Three straight Sec III championships in football in '91, '92 and '93. The '91 team was nationally ranked in USA Today and the '93 team made it to the state semi's, the first year Sec III participated in the state playoffs. The real decline happened when Hoke, Myz and Bruce retired. Their succession was handled very poorly.

You need to relook at baseball at CBA you clown they have been good for years. T Dotterer is one of the best baseball coaches in all of high school sports. Go look at the last 25 years, let me know what you find on CBA baseball, success at every level is what you will find. When I was there it was a great blend of Liverpool, CNS kids and kids from the West Side/ Valley on the baseball team. They were Class B 20 years ago went to C, then climbed back up the ladder. When I was there we played hoops in the Metro division and held our own, Fowler, Corcoran, Nottingham ESM, it was a great league. ( RF will remember the days) Soccer was good when I was there as well. Football sucked for sure but they also didn't have the coaching they do now, we had some real clowns when I went there and no numbers. The recruiting thing at CBA is over played. Every time a great athlete comes through there people raise a stink.

CBA has gotten much better at sports for sure, enrollment is way up, need base scholarships. The demise of the City schools will do that as well. At this point, good athletes want to go to CBA, many of them do. Not so much when I went there but make no mistake about it, All the Paulus' went there and did before it was a great sports program. There are a lot of kids that would have and still did play at CBA.

OrangePa, I am a Liverpool guy, born and raised. CBA Lifer grades 7-12. Best move my old man ever made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom