TJ Wheatley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TJ Wheatley

FM and CBA both seem like schools that were not very good in most sports until the mid 90's as I recall.
FM was always good in lax and soccer from my memory.
CBA was division Z in everything until recently. football- terrible, lax- terrible, hockey- terrible, baseball-terrible, soccer- decent.
Now they both seem to be doing quite well, the reverse of RFA.

FM was good at sports in the mid 80's. I know they were pretty good at basketball and volleyball at least. I think they were decent at football. Then again, I'm a JD guy, so take it with a grain of salt. The only thing I checked out over there was the girls:cool:

You need to relook at baseball at CBA you clown they have been good for years. T Dotterer is one of the best baseball coaches in all of high school sports. Go look at the last 25 years, let me know what you find on CBA baseball, success at every level is what you will find. When I was there it was a great blend of Liverpool, CNS kids and kids from the West Side/ Valley on the baseball team. They were Class B 20 years ago went to C, then climbed back up the ladder. When I was there we played hoops in the Metro division and held our own, Fowler, Corcoran, Nottingham ESM, it was a great league. ( RF will remember the days) Soccer was good when I was there as well. Football sucked for sure but they also didn't have the coaching they do now, we had some real clowns when I went there and no numbers. The recruiting thing at CBA is over played. Every time a great athlete comes through there people raise a stink.

CBA has gotten much better at sports for sure, enrollment is way up, need base scholarships. The demise of the City schools will do that as well. At this point, good athletes want to go to CBA, many of them do. Not so much when I went there but make no mistake about it, All the Paulus' went there and did before it was a great sports program. There are a lot of kids that would have and still did play at CBA.

OrangePa, I am a Liverpool guy, born and raised. CBA Lifer grades 7-12. Best move my old man ever made.

You call me a "clown" then go on to say that they competed in class B and C.
"Metro division"... seriously. You made my point for me.

Take the 80's for example, CBA with it's class B/C athletics were not on the same level as the class A schools.
examples- Genny, Liverpool, CNS, RFA etc.
It wasn't until the mid-late 90's that CBA became relevant. 100 class C titles mean nothing.

You call me a "clown" then go on to say that they competed in class B and C.
"Metro division"... seriously. You made my point for me.

Take the 80's for example, CBA with it's class B/C athletics were not on the same level as the class A schools.
examples- Genny, Liverpool, CNS, RFA etc.
It wasn't until the mid-late 90's that CBA became relevant. 100 class C titles mean nothing.

You are a clown ..:)

.the baseball program was always top notch at CBA
in 1986 those Class C baseball players beat CNS, at CNS..and scrimmaged LPool constantly and never had a problem competing..
Early 90s CBA was competing for State titles in baseball

Football...well not so much

Three straight Sec III championships in football in '91, '92 and '93. The '91 team was nationally ranked in USA Today and the '93 team made it to the state semi's, the first year Sec III participated in the state playoffs. The real decline happened when Hoke, Myz and Bruce retired. Their succession was handled very poorly.

If I remember correctly the '96-97 team went to the state finals in football. Think they lost to Yonkers or some school like that in the finals.

It really took about 5 years or so for the base closing to have a hard impact, but it definitely has. Even so, I'd say it's really only been the past 10 years where the program has been hit or miss.

in 1986 those Class C baseball players beat CNS, at CNS..and scrimmaged LPool constantly and never had a problem competing..

Why let facts get in the way of a good argument, I know we beat Liverpool in 92 as well. In addition, that Metro league had some players late 80's early nineties as well. ESM and Corcoran. Class B, yes class B. Genny? Baseball? ing please. From a pure talent, CBA baseball has always competed with anyone when Coach TD has been there, now keep in mind out of league he may take the short stop and make him catch and take the catcher and make him pitch, even though that catcher has never pitched an inning in his life.

We all know that Bville Baseball was coached by the grand wizard himself! A young Sparky Anderson, real diamond in the rough. :)

I remember playing with and against Chris, and Dean and a few guys I wish we could have kept at JD. Actually, JD won the state title in lacrosse in '86 (runners up in '85) with a lot of kids who used to play baseball. Sorry, that was only a Class B title. Too bad guys like Burns, Stopher and Palumb weren't good enough to play for a top notch college program like Syracuse. Oh wait a minute....

I remember playing with and against Chris, and Dean and a few guys I wish we could have kept at JD. Actually, JD won the state title in lacrosse in '86 (runners up in '85) with a lot of kids who used to play baseball. Sorry, that was only a Class B title. Too bad guys like Burns, Stopher and Palumb weren't good enough to play for a top notch college program like Syracuse. Oh wait a minute....

Yeah the B team hoop teams with Bernard Blunt/ JD and

Dorsey Levens/ Jason Buchanan/ Craig Caldwell at Nottingham really sucked too. :) ( Three 1A athletes)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom